White strings on acro.

Everything Aquatics

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 20, 2020
Messages
861
Reaction score
935
Location
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m just making sure but lately I have been seeing white string coming from this acro. Is this a feeding response. Thanks
AD2AA9F4-ABF5-40D0-8B01-80C44AB01712.jpeg
 
Mesenterial filaments, which is part of feeding response
 
They appear to be Mesenterial Filaments which can be a feeding response, but can also be an indication that the coral is irritated. If you are seeing these throughout the day when your tank is not being fed, it could be an indication of a water quality issue.
 
They appear to be Mesenterial Filaments which can be a feeding response, but can also be an indication that the coral is irritated. If you are seeing these throughout the day when your tank is not being fed, it could be an indication of a water quality issue.
all right I do a water change
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new