White trail like dots, what are these?

leotigris

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 27, 2021
Messages
20
Reaction score
10
Location
Leeds
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I woke up this morning to find what looks like little white dots/stripes in the formation of a trail on the glass. The last thing I added to the tank were some small nassarius snails. Here’s a picture:

F75B0FDC-CD6B-49A8-A422-C0F8261BAF95.jpeg

Thanks
 
Thanks, from what I’m reading these are very difficult to breed in the tank so will most likely be eaten by the fish?
Not sure personally, since I have never had my snails breed with fish around. Hopefully, they survive :).
 
I get snail eggs all the time. Most of the time, I'm sure they get wiped out. But turn your red light channel on at night if you have one. You may be surprised at the amount of tiny snails that appear from the sand bed/rocks. If you're seeing eggs, my guess is that you have some baby snails too.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new