White worms, black worms

  • Thread starter Thread starter Paul B
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 3, 2010
Messages
21,779
Reaction score
73,645
Location
Long Island NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been feeding blackworms to fish for about fifty years and still do, but now I also raise white worms because I wanted something that I could "fill" with fish oil before I fed them to the fish. Here are some white worms. I put that piece of Matzo in there about 2 hours ago. in a couple of more hours it will be gone and it was covered in fish oil. I just take a knife and lift out a blob of worms from the top and no dirt comes along with it.
I also feed them Cheerios with fish oil.
All my paired fish are spawning and there has not been a disease in about 35 years. Must be something to it. :tongue1:

 
Wow, where'd you get those from?​

I pulled them out of my ears. Oh you mean the worms? I raised them. You order on line a starter culture of white worms , throw them in some potting soil, keep them wet, feed them, and they grow and multiply all over the place.
 
Paul, care to share this source for the White worms? I think I could do a good job keeping and propogating htem but cannot find a source to buy a culture.
 
Pickupman, if you want to come over and take a piece of that sponge, I will give you a culture of white worms.
 
Paul, I would love to. however gas alone would make then extremely expensive. If I ever do catch my self in Long Island, I would love to stop by and see your fish.
 
They would also love to see you
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new