White worms, black worms

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been feeding blackworms to fish for about fifty years and still do, but now I also raise white worms because I wanted something that I could "fill" with fish oil before I fed them to the fish. Here are some white worms. I put that piece of Matzo in there about 2 hours ago. in a couple of more hours it will be gone and it was covered in fish oil. I just take a knife and lift out a blob of worms from the top and no dirt comes along with it.
I also feed them Cheerios with fish oil.
All my paired fish are spawning and there has not been a disease in about 35 years. Must be something to it. :tongue1:

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, where'd you get those from?​

I pulled them out of my ears. Oh you mean the worms? I raised them. You order on line a starter culture of white worms , throw them in some potting soil, keep them wet, feed them, and they grow and multiply all over the place.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul, care to share this source for the White worms? I think I could do a good job keeping and propogating htem but cannot find a source to buy a culture.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pickupman, if you want to come over and take a piece of that sponge, I will give you a culture of white worms.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul, I would love to. however gas alone would make then extremely expensive. If I ever do catch my self in Long Island, I would love to stop by and see your fish.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They would also love to see you

Back