• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Who does acrylic CNC: ISO Vertical frag rack

chaostactics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 5, 2010
Messages
1,155
Reaction score
677
Location
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought, and like the concept of, the Reefing Art vertical frag rack. However, I find it sits too close to the surface for adequate light acclimation and it's pretty wide. Trying to see if anyone out there is making tall vetical frag racks?
20210904_211322.jpg
IMG_97wdafs_480x480.jpg
 
In the same boat and would love to know
 
Cool racks. I've made some rack similar before with lasered acrylic sides and egg crates as the racks. Not hard to do with a laser cutter.

Have you tried calling the people who made the rack and see if they can get you a couple of "extension" pieces? Shouldn't be hard or cost much.

I abandoned that design because it'd be difficult to put a mesh net on top of the tank... but if using strong magnets.. it'd be highly adjustable.
 
i can make those with magnets, instead of the ugly brackets.
I was having difficulty envisioning magnets strong enough to keep a fully loaded rack of that size suspended on 15mm glass. Since the front to back depth isn't that wide it doesn't put the fulcrum way off the glass so that's a plus. On the other hand the sheer force/vertical force on a 6 level loaded up rack seems pretty significant.
 
I was having difficulty envisioning magnets strong enough to keep a fully loaded rack of that size suspended on 15mm glass. Since the front to back depth isn't that wide it doesn't put the fulcrum way off the glass so that's a plus. On the other hand the sheer force/vertical force on a 6 level loaded up rack seems pretty significant.
I have a guy that's going to design me a rack and I'll keep you posted . I'm going with single angled racks 2 magnets a peace angled at 30 degrees. Stacking 3-4 racks on top of each other . Using the single rack will eliminate the weight issue of having 1 big rack with only 2-4 magnets
 
I have a guy that's going to design me a rack and I'll keep you posted . I'm going with single angled racks 2 magnets a peace angled at 30 degrees. Stacking 3-4 racks on top of each other . Using the single rack will eliminate the weight issue of having 1 big rack with only 2-4 magnets
That's a neat idea. I find magnets to be a cost limiting factor as truely sealed ones tend to be relatively expensive
 
That's a neat idea. I find magnets to be a cost limiting factor as truely sealed ones tend to be relatively expensive
This is what I have coming in just they will be in black . 20/25/30 angles so I can play around and see what works the best
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20210914-165054_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20210914-165054_eBay.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 110
  • Screenshot_20210914-165103_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20210914-165103_eBay.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 88

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new