• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Who does acrylic CNC: ISO Vertical frag rack

chaostactics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought, and like the concept of, the Reefing Art vertical frag rack. However, I find it sits too close to the surface for adequate light acclimation and it's pretty wide. Trying to see if anyone out there is making tall vetical frag racks?
20210904_211322.jpg
IMG_97wdafs_480x480.jpg

PhilSD211

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool racks. I've made some rack similar before with lasered acrylic sides and egg crates as the racks. Not hard to do with a laser cutter.

Have you tried calling the people who made the rack and see if they can get you a couple of "extension" pieces? Shouldn't be hard or cost much.

I abandoned that design because it'd be difficult to put a mesh net on top of the tank... but if using strong magnets.. it'd be highly adjustable.

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i can make those with magnets, instead of the ugly brackets.

OP
OP
C

chaostactics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i can make those with magnets, instead of the ugly brackets.
I was having difficulty envisioning magnets strong enough to keep a fully loaded rack of that size suspended on 15mm glass. Since the front to back depth isn't that wide it doesn't put the fulcrum way off the glass so that's a plus. On the other hand the sheer force/vertical force on a 6 level loaded up rack seems pretty significant.

Jay'sReefBugs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was having difficulty envisioning magnets strong enough to keep a fully loaded rack of that size suspended on 15mm glass. Since the front to back depth isn't that wide it doesn't put the fulcrum way off the glass so that's a plus. On the other hand the sheer force/vertical force on a 6 level loaded up rack seems pretty significant.
I have a guy that's going to design me a rack and I'll keep you posted . I'm going with single angled racks 2 magnets a peace angled at 30 degrees. Stacking 3-4 racks on top of each other . Using the single rack will eliminate the weight issue of having 1 big rack with only 2-4 magnets

OP
OP
C

chaostactics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a guy that's going to design me a rack and I'll keep you posted . I'm going with single angled racks 2 magnets a peace angled at 30 degrees. Stacking 3-4 racks on top of each other . Using the single rack will eliminate the weight issue of having 1 big rack with only 2-4 magnets
That's a neat idea. I find magnets to be a cost limiting factor as truely sealed ones tend to be relatively expensive

Jay'sReefBugs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a neat idea. I find magnets to be a cost limiting factor as truely sealed ones tend to be relatively expensive
This is what I have coming in just they will be in black . 20/25/30 angles so I can play around and see what works the best

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210914-165054_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20210914-165054_eBay.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot_20210914-165103_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20210914-165103_eBay.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 56

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 37.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back