Who Dunnit? A Murder Mystery

Alexc2403

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a murderer of my own. Heard several snaps last night. Woke up this morning to my wife upset that our sand shifting goby is not there to greet us like always.

In the process of removing the offender we discovered that the pistol shrimp we thought had died was still alive, and had been camping out with his replacement.

20211120_124852.jpg

This guy is on his way back to the LFS right now, and hopefully his smaller ex roomate did not learn any bad habits.

Fish lost to this tiger pistol:

2 Fire dart fish
2 yellow watchman gobies
Many snails
And out favorite fish ever, Mr. Sand Shifter Goby

Mr. Sand Shifter Goby you will be missed.

I truly hope our next SSG is as engaging as out first one was.
Not sure the shrimp would have killed the watchman gobies. They normally pair up but I’m sure things go rogue. Sorry for your lose

Lyss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found the rock he was (and hopefully still is) inhabiting. The hidey holes were littered with the remains of his victims.

EC6C490E-CB63-4C13-8FEB-678DEB8A7319.jpeg

And I want to publicly apologize to the Scarlet Onslaught. I was wrong, and I'm sorry.

C82B48AB-153B-44B5-856A-2AE9B38C3D79.jpeg
Haha! Poor scarlets. All this time I’ve been looking at mine a lot closer than ever before like, really? Mine are in about 1 1/4 inch sells now and much bigger than when purchased, but their antics are more doofy than stone cold killer. Like they sit on corals, get into little fights where they wave their arms at each other until I separate them, and hang off the surface skimmer on the back wall.

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well maybe I just have and have had nice ones because my pistol lives with his buddy the ssg and the mantis just eats snails and crabs. Plus the ones I had years ago only snails and crabs.
They are my most favorite to watch in all

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha! Poor scarlets. All this time I’ve been looking at mine a lot closer than ever before like, really? Mine are in about 1 1/4 inch sells now and much bigger than when purchased, but their antics are more doofy than stone cold killer. Like they sit on corals, get into little fights where they wave their arms at each other until I separate them, and hang off the surface skimmer on the back wall.
Hopefully they'll accept my apology and have a very happy life in the RSR downstairs. Haha!

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The suspense is killing me...
I can hear the little bugger, but haven't seen him yet.

I definitely should have pulled out the 90' of flowing algae first. Every sign of movement has me jumping. Haha.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back