who else buys brown acropora colonies? lets see some before and after photos! :)

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go to your lfs. Find the brown ones then ask them if they will discount them.
Thats what i did on my way home from work today. Got some nice maricultured pieces for pretty cheap! Shpuld have bought all 4 they had as these were shoeing some hints of color under my radions when they looked fully brown under their MH.

20180824_164527.jpg

OP
OP
Robert McCreary

Robert McCreary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats what i did on my way home from work today. Got some nice maricultured pieces for pretty cheap! Shpuld have bought all 4 they had as these were shoeing some hints of color under my radions when they looked fully brown under their MH.

20180824_164527.jpg
amazing! looking forward to see them grow! :D

Phelipe's Ocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

20180824_164527.jpg

Yess

OP
OP
Robert McCreary

Robert McCreary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, here we can't keep hard corals in our homes.
:(
if only the government sets up a lottery type of thing so you can "tag" stony corals in controlled farms off of the reef, alot like owning a class 3 assault weapon/machine gun, where you have to have a tag (permit) for that one documented coral you have collected. the money that is spent on the tag (whether you got the tag or not) would go to conservation efforts of marine life.

this is the first time ive heard of the ban. and i think my solution might work.

Phelipe's Ocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if only the government sets up a lottery type of thing so you can "tag" stony corals in controlled farms off of the reef, alot like owning a class 3 assault weapon/machine gun, where you have to have a tag (permit) for that one documented coral you have collected. the money that is spent on the tag (whether you got the tag or not) would go to conservation efforts of marine life.

this is the first time ive heard of the ban. and i think my solution might work.

I knew about the ban but I wasnt aware that it was illegal to keep sps in hawaii. Example so if I live in hawaii and order some WWC sps frags, thats illegal?

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Problem here is the unique and isolated ecosystem we have.
Any introduction of the wrong organisms in the ocean could result in a very bad experience and it's not worthy to try.
Besides, the government isn't interested in a minor number of excited hobbyists like me to have their dreams fulfilled that way.

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I knew about the ban but I wasnt aware that it was illegal to keep sps in hawaii. Example so if I live in hawaii and order some WWC sps frags, thats illegal?
Totally.
I would have a tank full of Acros if that would be possible. Haha!!!

I think we should go back to the main subject of this thread...

Phelipe's Ocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Robert you have any pictures yet? I wanna see! My lens is said to arrive tomorrow so I will take some updated shots. I also need to figure out how to get photos off the camera and onto the phone:)

OP
OP
Robert McCreary

Robert McCreary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Robert you have any pictures yet? I wanna see! My lens is said to arrive tomorrow so I will take some updated shots. I also need to figure out how to get photos off the camera and onto the phone:)
not yet ;)

if your phone has a micro sd card then buy an sd card that has a slot for microsd cards >(adapter) if not then you maybe able to buy a double ended phone cable and transfer them over. if that doesnt work then you can buy a laptop asus note book for under $300 or an outdated wifi enabled laptop on the cheap.

Phelipe's Ocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not yet ;)

if your phone has a micro sd card then buy an sd card that has a slot for microsd cards >(adapter) if not then you maybe able to buy a double ended phone cable and transfer them over. if that doesnt work then you can buy a laptop asus note book for under $300 or an outdated wifi enabled laptop on the cheap.

Im gonna be conpletely honest, I did not understand a word of what you just said. This is too techy for me[emoji23]. Do iphones have an sd card?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back