Who Else Hates Wires in the Tank. What’s your solution?

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you see any inside here? A tank should be a part of the nature - not a post morden show up :D IMO

1601058154197.png

Sincerely Lasse
Glad to say no. I despise those neon frag racks. I’ve seen a lot of locals say they’ll only use vortechs because wires in the tank look too artificial, but slap 3-4 neon orange frag racks on the front glass. It looks ridiculous

bluerider098

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am struggling with this same dilemma on my build. The tank is a Waterbox Marine X 60.2 which is basically a cube (24 x20x20). I am debating on the Vortech pumps because I can put them on the back wall, which is black and you would see no cords.

Anyone have experience with putting their powerheads on the back wall with a cube tank like this? Will it provide sufficient flow? I was kinda debating a single MP40 on 1 side of the back in hopes that the flow would bounce off the front and make its way around to the other side.

My only worry is that the MP40 is kinda overkill as the display volume is only 35 gallons and the glass is to thick for an MP10.

DeepSea75

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am struggling with this same dilemma on my build. The tank is a Waterbox Marine X 60.2 which is basically a cube (24 x20x20). I am debating on the Vortech pumps because I can put them on the back wall, which is black and you would see no cords.

Anyone have experience with putting their powerheads on the back wall with a cube tank like this? Will it provide sufficient flow? I was kinda debating a single MP40 on 1 side of the back in hopes that the flow would bounce off the front and make its way around to the other side.

My only worry is that the MP40 is kinda overkill as the display volume is only 35 gallons and the glass is to thick for an MP10.
I plan to add an MP10 to my 60.2. I read the Ecotech manual and it says it’s good to 3/8” or 10mm but those are not equivalent. I’m also using the S2. I think it really depends on your aquascape setup and needs for flow. I’m sure you can manage good flow with these devices. Good luck.

Spieg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you absolutely hate wires then closed loop is the way to go... Personally I don't find wires and giant motors on the outside of tank (MP) to be much more appealing. I have a couple of Nero pumps in my tank and the wires are very thin (almost invisible against a black background).

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back