Who else is excited about the no glue frag plug!?

Who else is stoked about the no glue frag plugs!?

• I am!!!

Votes: 29 28.4%
  • Meh. Not really.

Votes: 32 31.4%
  • What's a "no glue" frag plug??? (Check the thread!)

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey guys, I saw these posted earlier, and got excited about it! Finally! No more rubber bands for mounting softies! No more dealing with glue on frag plugs! This will be great for pest control too! IMO this is one of the best low-tech innovations to be rolled out in a while! I can't wait to try these out!

What do you guys think?

1 no glue frag plug.png

1 no glue frag plug 2.png

1 no glue frag plug 3.png

Ocelaris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know battlecorals does something like that with their shipping cups, and I thought it was ingenious. So I'm not surprised someone came up with the idea. He just snips a cross in the bottom of the small cup, embeds the frag plug in the bottom and no damage while it's being shipped.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I saw these posted earlier, and got excited about it! Finally! No more rubber bands for mounting softies! No more dealing with glue on frag plugs! This will be great for pest control too! IMO this is one of the best low-tech innovations to be rolled out in a while! I can't wait to try these out!

What do you guys think?

1 no glue frag plug.png

1 no glue frag plug 2.png

1 no glue frag plug 3.png
I love it, I love it. ...... me buying it.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Im a colony person and have never fragged but this concept may entice me to do such !!

TvanB1

Mostly Fish; Few breeding projects underway
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meh...
Unless they are the same price as regular plugs and available in large quantities I won’t be buying any. Gluing takes a bit of practice but it isn’t terribly difficult. People tend to use way to much which ends up in a big mess.
Also seems like high flow, snails, urchins, etc would be able to knock the frag out.
I am interested in seeing how sps will encrust on it.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to see a video of how to insert different kinds of corals in to the plug. Am I right in assuming the diameter of the coral has to be at least a little bigger than the opening without any spreading of the fins.

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're excited to be part of this new product. Bob at Reef Stew & More approached us to help him develop his idea and bring it to market and it's awesome to see the Frag Gripper being so well received.

We'll have a supply available of these at Reef-A-Palooza in a few weeks - stop by the VCA booth (#917) to see them in person and pick up a bag of them :)

Karl M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're excited to be part of this new product. Bob at Reef Stew & More approached us to help him develop his idea and bring it to market and it's awesome to see the Frag Gripper being so well received.

We'll have a supply available of these at Reef-A-Palooza in a few weeks - stop by the VCA booth (#917) to see them in person and pick up a bag of them :)

How do these work for acros, any pictures

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am interested in seeing how sps will encrust on it.

How do these work for acros, any pictures

We have a few frags mounted in Frag Grippers in our office nano we used for some photography. Two of which are SPS. You can see them encrusting on and into the springs. I'll post a few photos in the morning.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 16 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 35 17.6%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 132 66.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 10 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.0%
Back