OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow Brad. Awesome looking. Went real quick thru your thread shots and maybe I missed it, but I assume no clams?

chestnud

Slice & Dice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update. Unfortunately my Majestic Angel went on a LPS feeding frenzy over Christmas :sad:. He was removed today. It was a hard decision as I sat on the fence between leaving him in there, but in the end I couldn't take a larger hit $ wise from what he already snacked on. Another one may work well as there is one in our display tank at the store who has never picked on anything. I just figured I would let you know mine rebelled. He did have excellent taste in corals....

racerw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Interrupta who is a perfect fish. Swallowtail who is perfect. I HAD 2 bluelines for over a year than they started to tear up one of my clams so they had to go bye bye:(
I have an fisheri/resplenda hybrid that has also taken a liking to acans and chalices. I am an angelfish person and would be wiling to try almost anything but my tanks is mostly SPS.
Almost forgot about my joc pair they were pretty good also just would sample an SPS every now and than.

Last edited:

kingfisherfleshy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Pomacanthus navarchus in my tank. I would say he is going on 5" in my 125g. He is funny. Doesnt even eat all sponges.

He definitely picks - but there have been very few things he has picked at to the point where you would notice. Only things he has damaged are:

Some acans (only reefhab ones?)
Fungia
Palys

And that is really it.

sweetride

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up a Potter's Angelfish and a Pygmy (Cherub) Angelfish wish me luck!!!!!!!

reef_freak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thread. I just set up my 180 to be mainly fish only BUT with some softies including mushrooms, leathers etc. Thinking some more noxious corals may deter them. Looking to add a large angel. Thinking either a majestic, emporer or a blue faced. Would love to continue to hear some experiences with larger angels and even more so with the three I listed. I really like the blue faced and is probably top of the list, the majestic is a close second!

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Interrupta who is a perfect fish. Swallowtail who is perfect. I HAD 2 bluelines for over a year than they started to tear up one of my clams so they had to go bye bye:(
I have an fisheri/resplenda hybrid that has also taken a liking to acans and chalices. I am an angelfish person and would be wiling to try almost anything but my tanks is mostly SPS.
Almost forgot about my joc pair they were pretty good also just would sample an SPS every now and than.

Any pics??? Much appreciated :bigsmile:

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Lamarks Angel in my 120 and it does just fine with everything. Every once in a while I see it nip at a clam but it doesn't actually bite them and they don't seem stressed over it.

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How r the regals in an sps mostly tank?

We've had our Regal for about 3 years. She will taste-test any new coral and occasionally nips at SPS, but doesn't do any damage.

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 for these guys
Swallowtail Angelfish
Lamarcks Angelfish

I want to find a swallow tail but locally that may prove difficult-

Sorry to read about the majestic-I want an angel as well but share your fears-I've had the Bellus before she worked out nicely

el richie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just added a multibar to my 40 breeder so far just nipped at a wellso i have but really no major damage

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just added a multibar to my 40 breeder so far just nipped at a wellso i have but really no major damage

Cool. Thanks for keeping this thread alive. Still on the fence on what to add to my 240 with 3 tangs (maybe more tangs, ha ha), but the regal is the front runner.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back