Who has captive bred coral beauties or multicolours?

Tyler Flynn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who has pictures and videos of their captive bred coral beauties or multicolours. I'm interested in what the average colouration is.

old salt reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Biota when I got her, and then only picture I could find from now when I got Biota Yellow Tang. Can't tell from wild caught color wise.
IMG_0293.JPG
DSC03044.JPG

Last edited:

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who has pictures and videos of their captive bred coral beauties or multicolours. I'm interested in what the average colouration is.
By multicolour, do you mean Centropyge multicolour? I didn’t know these were captive bred yet.

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In small quantities by RCT in the past and I don’t know if anyone still does them now but I really wouldn’t mind seeing them as a captive bred species again. In fact there’s very few Centropyge / Paracentropyge I don’t like altogether, and one of the few exceptions would be C. Flavicauda / C. Fisheri when there’s C. Argi, C. Acanthops, C. Aurantonotus and C. Resplendens in the same Xiphypops subgenus.

Among large angels I have a few I’ll probably never want to have, but for the most part I think each dwarf angel has its own beauty. If I had to pick a few I don’t want to keep, they would be: Multispinus, Flavipectoralis, and Flavicauda / Fisheri.

Last edited:

old salt reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple from today. My camera doesn't capture the colors good as the yellow tang is bright yellow just like wild caught. I guess I should have shot from level instead of a downward angle, but when I do that the pictures are real blue.
IMG_0311.JPG
IMG_0313.JPG

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple from today. My camera doesn't capture the colors good as the yellow tang is bright yellow just like wild caught. I guess I should have shot from level instead of a downward angle, but when I do that the pictures are real blue.
IMG_0311.JPG
IMG_0313.JPG
Is the Orange spot on the tang actually there or just from the angle? If it is there then do you think it could’ve been a side affect from being Captive Bred?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are, but at my age I can't remember who's doing it or selling them. I think that's why they made Google.
I cant find anything online about them being captive bred currently, the majority of it seems to be from 2018.

old salt reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the Orange spot on the tang actually there or just from the angle? If it is there then do you think it could’ve been a side affect from being Captive Bred?
No it's not there. It looks just like one straight out of the ocean, bright yellow. I do feed LRS frozen nano frenzy that every other day I soak in RedSea AB+ coral food with a couple of drops of Selcon on it. It looks better under white light, the early morning blue light kinda washes out the color. The downward angle didn't help. It did take a couple of months to color up from when I got it from Biota(was only 1.25 inches long).

old salt reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I saw some for sale not long ago as it was a toss up if I bought one or the yellow tang. The 2 things against it were it wasn't Biota(little to no need to quarantine) and I didn't know how my Coral Beauty would take to it(like it or kill it). Didn't go well with the tang as my male yellow tail damsel attached the tang. He came out but not before my rock work broke trying to take it out and broke half my corals I'd been growing for years. Did get a ton of new frags though.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I saw some for sale not long ago as it was a toss up if I bought one or the yellow tang. The 2 things against it were it wasn't Biota(little to no need to quarantine) and I didn't know how my Coral Beauty would take to it(like it or kill it). Didn't go well with the tang as my male yellow tail damsel attached the tang. He came out but not before my rock work broke trying to take it out and broke half my corals I'd been growing for years. Did get a ton of new frags though.
My dream Angel is a Multicolor but over here as we have so few CB fish it’s must likely if wind up going wild caught which I don’t mind too much as I would try to give the fish a slightly better life (As best as it gets in a box). My issue is currently my tank is a RS max nano so I haven’t gone for it even though I’ve seen several healthy 1 inch specimens for sale.

OP
OP
T

Tyler Flynn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0311.JPG
IMG_0313.JPG
So it has more of the orange colouration on the body? I prefer the ones with more blue/purple

OP
OP
T

Tyler Flynn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoping for this type of colouration if i go with coral beauties

Attachments

• 51180E9F-FFD5-4E11-B3D5-5DDB50B00155.jpeg
    51180E9F-FFD5-4E11-B3D5-5DDB50B00155.jpeg
    72.5 KB · Views: 28

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoping for this type of colouration if i go with coral beauties
I believe that is a colour variant. This fish seems to vary in colour depending on its origin unlike some others that don’t appear to vary depending on origin.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral beauty's definitely have a wide range of colors and morphs.

I am personally partial to the yellow looking ones. Used to be able to get these ones from Blue Zoo for like $30 but now someone would probably slap a rare name on it and charge $$$ :p

1659984006880.png

1659984133769.png

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 111 77.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 11 7.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back