Who here is using the triton method?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Daltrey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking about using the triton method on my new 750 xxl build. Anyone here using it and what are your thoughts?

Thanks

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been using it for just over six months !! Here’s a video of my tank, today it is one year old !
I’m dosing 18 ml of each , per day .. with a coralbox doser .. I run gfo in a media reactor

Peter K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using Triton "other methods" for about 4 months now, switched over from BRS bulk 2 part and HW marine trace tip 1/2/stronium. Price wise it's much cheaper than what I was using and I have been seeing good results so far but it has only been 4 months so only time will tell. Not super thrilled about the change to the milk jugs and paying the the same price as before for the super nice plastic containers so that is pretty annoying but otherwise I'm happy. I dose 16 ML a day in a 180 gallon display with alk at 8.5. I expect that to shoot up as our tank is now pretty packed with small acro frags that are all growing really well.

OP
OP
Daltrey

Daltrey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Triton other methods and Love iT .. Triton test Every 2 months , then follow Their dosing advice .. Very happy with my tank

What size is your tank and how many ml of each are you dosing daily? My total water volume is somewhere around 160 gallons.

Edited: Just read the post above this one. Thanks

Mrx7899

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our you guys running refugiums and doing regular water changes with with triton other method. I have been doing research but not much out there about the other method.

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our you guys running refugiums and doing regular water changes with with triton other method. I have been doing research but not much out there about the other method.
Other methods is used if you don’t have room for a big enough refrugiums .. we export nutrient with over skimming and gfo .. at least I do .. I still do water changes every week or two .. but that’s just me .. for the rest I just follow advice based on my triton tests every two months !!

Mrx7899

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other methods is used if you don’t have room for a big enough refrugiums .. we export nutrient with over skimming and gfo .. at least I do .. I still do water changes every week or two .. but that’s just me .. for the rest I just follow advice based on my triton tests every two months !!
Yeah my refugium is too small to run full triton that why I want to do triton other method. I was just wondering how well it works with a smaller refugium.

Peter K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I carbon dose with No3po4x from red sea but also have a refugium as well but it is well under 10% probably only 5-8 gallons total for a 200 gallon total system. Chaeto is under a Kessil H80 and is growing very well with the other methods system.

Livinlocal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a large refugium, and have contemplated doing the triton method, But I am worried about getting rid of my calcium reactor and dosing. I can probably go without waterchanges, and add this specific supplements where/when needed, But I don’t think I could do the full system for the fact I don’t want to take my calcium reactor off-line. On the other hand, I do have a triton test kit and will be sending it in soon just to see where everything is at

PiscesPower

People protect what they love. - J. Cousteau
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use it with my RSR 250. I have a DIY undersized fuge. I use Triton method, not other and recently added an Algae scrubber as an adjunct. Its been great for nutrient export. Good growth as well. I've only been doing it since I upgraded my 24g cube to the RSR 1st of September this year, so tank is 16 weeks old today.

Have had 2 ICP test done, last one a few weeks ago. Everything great. I've been really happy and will continue. Have not done a water change since having to do some after my !st ICP in September due to high zinc and tin. They are fine now, so no water changes in my future!!!

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a large refugium, and have contemplated doing the triton method, But I am worried about getting rid of my calcium reactor and dosing. I can probably go without waterchanges, and add this specific supplements where/when needed, But I don’t think I could do the full system for the fact I don’t want to take my calcium reactor off-line. On the other hand, I do have a triton test kit and will be sending it in soon just to see where everything is at
If I were you I’d stick with your calcium reactor .. I will also get one probably when it becomes too costly too dose triton .. eg if your alk consumption is very high ..

gonefishin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Running the Triton Method with my 525xl. Its been 3 months and everything looking great. Wife is happy about NO water changes and NO socks in the washing machine. I'm using the Skimz MBR160 for nutrients export. Chaeto growing like crazy.

curtsmith343

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have just changed over my refugium I switched the skimmer to second smaller chamber. The refug is now about 15 gal for my 90 gallon reef. Chaeto takes up most of that space I am sending in first test soon. So far all research I have done looks promising and makes sense

BigKid4788

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I ran the full triton for a few years with great success. Better growth and color than with normal water changes. In recently upgraded to a 270 gal DT. I'm running the other methods now (3 months). The consumption is low currently but I figure that is from the tank breaking in. I sent off a triton test and had high Tin. I assume it was from the salt I used. Switched to TM pro for water changes over the last 6 weeks. You'll love it the more you use this method. Less hastle and more time to enjoy your reef

Back