Rating - 0%
0   0   0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I used to use it. I think I pulled off not from issues but pricing. I did like the product

JBKReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received a free sample of this with my @WWC coral club subscription. I've started to have issues maintaining Calc/Alk as my mixed tank has matured.

From reading the label, this seems like a product similar to Kalkwasser. However the reshaking of the container before redosing sounds different from the directions ive seen for Kalk to prevent additional carbon dioxide from getting into the mix and making it less potent.

OP
OP
Daniel Troconis

Daniel Troconis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started to dose after doing the math to my 20 Gallon which is 2 ML per day, yet I started with 1 ML per day for 15 days now I will go up to 1.5 ML per day slowlyy reaching the needed dose.

Observations:

It does maintain levels
It does get cloudy for 30 min
Affects corals in with positive outcome
Simple to use

I will update once I reach the desired 2ML per day
IMG_4781-1.jpeg

McGene

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just purchased a bottle and plan to start dosing tonight. My tank is a JBJ45 AIO with soft corals.
Question for those who have experience with this product: Will dosing increase the pH? Mine is a tad low at 7.95 and would like to safely raise and keep it at 8.2.
I was using Brightwell 2-part and after dosing I noticed a slight increase in pH -- however, it was never sustained.

OP
OP
Daniel Troconis

Daniel Troconis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reef Fam, I finally did the math and I am dosing 1.5 ML per day at night for the past 47 days and parameter are staying stable after the usual drop 1alkalinity point, therefore, I will increase to 2 ML per day starting Jan 1.

The parameters are so far "stable" at:
6.7 to 7.4 ALK
440 CA
1350 MG

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just purchased a bottle and plan to start dosing tonight. My tank is a JBJ45 AIO with soft corals.
Question for those who have experience with this product: Will dosing increase the pH? Mine is a tad low at 7.95 and would like to safely raise and keep it at 8.2.
I was using Brightwell 2-part and after dosing I noticed a slight increase in pH -- however, it was never sustained.

If you are still looking to boost pH with a calcium and alk system, you'll get a better boost from a high pH two part.

McGene

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, Randy! Any immediate recommendations are appreciated. As noted, I have tried Brightwell and now trying PolypLab One. I've decided against using Kalk as an option. I know you and many others like it -- but, with my luck I'll over does or do something else stupid. With my small 45 AIO tank, things change much more quickly than my old 125g with 30g sump!

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, Randy! Any immediate recommendations are appreciated. As noted, I have tried Brightwell and now trying PolypLab One. I've decided against using Kalk as an option. I know you and many others like it -- but, with my luck I'll over does or do something else stupid. With my small 45 AIO tank, things change much more quickly than my old 125g with 30g sump!

A DIY from BRS is a fine way to go, or ESV B-ionic if you want to try a commercial two part to boost alk/calcium, and also give some pH boost. :)

McGene

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, again, Randy. Excellent recommendations. I'll likely try the ESV B-ionic. I'll post an update after giving it a try so others might benefit from my experience.
Right now, my pH is at 7.98 as displayed on my RK lite. I just calibrated my pH probe a few days ago, so I feel confident in the display reading.
Regards,
-gene

Nino143

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the polyplab one product on my 50 gallon sps dominant and I absolutely love it. I do have to shake it vigorously before dosing, so it wouldn’t be suitable for an automatic dozer. Cal, alk, and mag are perfectly balance and nitrates and phosphates have dropped significantly as well. My acros are the happiest I’ve ever seen them.
Does it make the water cloudy? And if so for how long? Thanks

Stomper83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the polyplab one product on my 50 gallon sps dominant and I absolutely love it. I do have to shake it vigorously before dosing, so it wouldn’t be suitable for an automatic dozer. Cal, alk, and mag are perfectly balance and nitrates and phosphates have dropped significantly as well. My acros are the happiest I’ve ever seen them.
How often do you dose?

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How often do you dose?
I stopped using a couple years back bc I needed something I could put on a doser. So I switched to the tropic marin all for reef. The ONE is a great product for light to moderate corals but my sps needed a lot more than the recommended dose and my no3/Po4 were bottoming out

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 112 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back