Who is this? ID help

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 22, 2020
Messages
2,594
Reaction score
4,686
Location
United Kingdom
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have spotted a creature in my rock works . Nit sure if this enough to ID it but let’s give it a go. For sure doesn’t like light

 
No idea. I would wait until try lights go off for a few hours and then turn on the lights and snap a picture. Looks bigger than most hitchhikers I’ve seen. Looks kind of like a stomatella snail, but I can’t say to be certain.
 
Upvote 1
Looking at picks of hitchhiker I would say you might be right. The thing is, based on the size of this thing I must have it for a while but this is the first time I have spot it. My rocks are like a sponge, finding anything again in it is a mission.
 
Upvote 0
No idea. I would wait until try lights go off for a few hours and then turn on the lights and snap a picture. Looks bigger than most hitchhikers I’ve seen. Looks kind of like a stomatella snail, but I can’t say to be certain.
I have caught this thing outside of the rock works this morning. It is a snail and I think your ID was correct

Ps.:The sand sand is induced diatoms bloom. Part of my Dino fight...
 

Attachments

  • 3C4F9ACE-0A9E-4401-B8B9-594B8148CDA2.jpeg
    3C4F9ACE-0A9E-4401-B8B9-594B8148CDA2.jpeg
    199.9 KB · Views: 92
  • 4684F37E-B04A-4DD7-957F-E668F4D45CD5.jpeg
    4684F37E-B04A-4DD7-957F-E668F4D45CD5.jpeg
    144.5 KB · Views: 124
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new