Votes: 28 19.2%

• Total voters

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
(PM me if you'd like to hear more surprising info along the same lines from my experience. Too shocking to post in public. :p)

I think I'm happier not knowing! There is a reason that I didn't post what they were doing! ;)

jazonPartij

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the worst luck with Fedex here in Brooklyn. They always say they attempted to deliver the package but it’s never true. Then I have to track down the package and try to get it before everything dies. Right now I’m trying to get my WWC order from the EBay auction. Im super excited for new Acros and now I’m super frustrated because Fedex sucks.

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the worst luck with Fedex here in Brooklyn. They always say they attempted to deliver the package but it’s never true. Then I have to track down the package and try to get it before everything dies. Right now I’m trying to get my WWC order from the EBay auction. Im super excited for new Acros and now I’m super frustrated because Fedex sucks.

What's your LFS situation like in/around Brooklyn?

Radman73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquacultured fish and corals are where it's at. :)

Agree wholeheartedly. They keep making progress so I hope as the years go on we see more and more fish available. Would love to see some of the common wrasses bred successfully. Well, all of them honestly lol!

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ask them not to require signature so that fedex can leave the package. That might work?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our LFS has almost no SPS and hasn't for weeks. Apparently they are having a very difficult time getting more in but I haven't had a chance to talk to the owner to find out why. My LFS isn't exactly local.

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s fair but I like the coral selection online much better.

The grass always seems greener on the other side - right? ;)

My LFS isn't exactly local.

This is my issue now.....LFS's aren't local at all.

Which is what it is.

I'm just waiting for everyone to start shopping online so that ALL the LFS's close and I can just sit here singing "I told ya so!" :rolleyes::p

The one thing I really don't get is how so many folks are OK buying livestock sight-unseen.

I don't care about stock or price nearly as much as being able to see the establishment and pick out the animal(s). How does that take a backseat to anything??

Myk

Aquatic Creations www.ReefDelivery.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The sad truth is that there are a lot of small businesses being run out. Operating an LFS is a tough business. This is no different than pretty much any other industry though. Do you buy your groceries from a farmers market or a small locally operated "mom and pop" or do you buy from some mega store or walmart or the like? Do you even have a choice now? Did the mom and pop have a chance to stay in business?

At the end of the day we all have a responsibility from the consumer to the retailer, to the distributor and the manufacturer. If there is no balance or fairness in the chain some portion of it will fall apart.

I am fortunate to live in an area where I have a lot of local farmers to buy food from. I am an LFS owner, but have seen at least 5 of my local competitors go out of business over the last few years. It is a trend and I hope that we don't start losing some of the other local businesses that we are grateful to have in town.

If you live in a town that has an LFS support them if they support you. You are part of a community. Nothing wrong with buying online, that is a fact of life these days, but shop local too! Not just talking about LFS, but all of your local shops if there is something other there that interests you or that you need. My town even has a model train shop still. :)

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 88 80.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back