OP
Steven Garland

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the moment,I don't have any kits besides some year out of date red sea kits that I forgot I had.

So short of those 2 things you mentioned at the first part of your post,you are saying do a 100% water change,then add some sps ? As for fish,eh idk what I can fit in here without feeling horrible. Maybe 2 neon gobies ?! You're a pico guy,what do you think ?

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
joking on fish :) diff people do different things but me personally I wont use em. no matter what, I wont in picos.

murphys law says they'll die in my rockwork when im out camping at the base of billy the kids mountain in Lincoln new mexico in the freezing snow. Id then come home to all algae tank 250 ppm nitrate though I don't test for anything other than temp and salinity :) fish are too much liability for me. by having only corals, super old live rock, and some pods and worms, I come home to a working pico after every excursion or at least hedge my bio-bets as best as possible with that arrangement. too little dilution to curb errors.

on the corals I recommend sps later and a bunch of zoanthids and candy canes etc up front. some starter lps if you have access to good deals./ If that pico was mine it could start now with corals added, that oxidation testing is just handy if avail. any cured live rock added to your tank only got more cured/better in time that system will for sure handle simple coral bioloading.

OP
OP
Steven Garland

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just miss having fish. So I will ponder that a little more and see if down the road if I want to add one.

Hahaha that is no good in a set up your small,not that mine isn't much bigger.

I do have access to stupid good deals,which isn't a problem. I do have some discolored Zoa's I could throw in there to see how they do for a little,and go ahead and toss in a purplish brown acro I have too and see how long that lasts lol.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 37 30.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 44 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.1%
Back