Who will BRS acquire next??

Who do they acquire next?

• Total voters

MikeandDee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So they are acquiring another hobby store front, where would you put your money on their next move???

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Algaebarn & saltwateraquarium are the only realistic ones on this list. Algaebarn is the only one that makes sense though.

Ecotech is merged with AI and I’m skeptical of BRS wanting to pony up for that, especially since that acquisition would present competitors to Neptune.

OP
OP
MikeandDee

MikeandDee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish they would buy out Persmart or PETCO. Need more local options for fish and coral

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Petco and petsmart make no sense as BRS is aquarium based the others are general pet supplies. It would be nice to get a national chain focused on the aquarium industry if BRS altered Petco to be BRS storefronts but that’s a lot of capital needed plus the severing of contracts with the general goods suppliers. I just don’t see it happening. But if they did an Amazon thing where they had distribution warehouses across the country and maybe transition to a storefront warehouse based option would be kinda cool (I have a couple Amazon distribution centers locally)

OP
OP
MikeandDee

MikeandDee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got have a wish and a dream in this hobby right!!

Amandakayphoto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wish they also carried some freshwater supplies too- I always liked that about Marine Depot- I could pick up stuff for both sides of the hobby at once and not have to place orders /pay for shipping multiple times.

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wish they also carried some freshwater supplies too- I always liked that about Marine Depot- I could pick up stuff for both sides of the hobby at once and not have to place orders /pay for shipping multiple times.
Another poster showed Bertram's goals were related pet supplies. I wouldn't be shocked if that came about eventually.

amazongb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at it this way. Ryan wants to develop new electronic-based reef products - rather than hire all that R&D talent and go on his own, he buys a company with a history of R&D and producing products... simple as that. He's not going to buy Algae Barn - he could create his own Algae Barn if he wanted to with very little (in the grand scheme of things) capital outlay. He's like a kid in a candy store, and he ain't buying Hershey bars, nah, he wants that Everlasting Gobstopper lol.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.1%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 32 17.4%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 29 15.8%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 94 51.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.6%

Back