Who ya watchin?

Psychedelic Fins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really appreciate the honesty of a lot of the reef-focused YouTube channels. While I love to see successful practices and beautiful reefs, it is nice to hear about struggles and real-life fails that you learned on the way and continue to learn. With that said, So far, my favorite channels (partly because of their delivery style and partly because I feel I am getting a pretty honest assessment of their experiences and their is a genuine desire to educate and move the hobby forward) are (in no particular order): BRStv, Tidal Gardens, and Bahama Llama.

I also have found myself watching Reefdudes, The Inappropriate Reefer, and Mad Hatter's Reef for specific searches. Without bashing any of my choices, who else should I be checking out? I should mention that while the hour-long podcast may be interesting, I typically am looking for 5-15 minute informative/entertaining videos.

LegendaryCG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like BRS because while I know they are trying to sell me something it’s transparent, and for the most part pretty objective. Thats a challenging thing to do when you sell lots of vendors products without ticking off your provider OR your customer. Quite often they recommend the cheapest option like using kalkwasser instead of more expensive multipart mixs which is rare to see.

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Big fan of FishOfHex myself. Like all his videos. Some others seem geared toward products that we’re givin to them from sponsors. Just what I see though, I could be wrong.

OP
OP
Psychedelic Fins

Psychedelic Fins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like BRS because while I know they are trying to sell me something it’s transparent, and for the most part pretty objective. Thats a challenging thing to do when you sell lots of vendors products without ticking off your provider OR your customer. Quite often they recommend the cheapest option like using kalkwasser instead of more expensive multipart mixs which is rare to see.
Did you see their "Things I would never buy again" video from the last couple of days? They fired shots at a lot of products, many of which they still sell. Very honest and refreshing!

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I think the fact that they criticize companies that make products on brs's website is what I like. I buy from them sometimes simply because I appreciate that they are honest and put a lot of work into explaining products better than the manufacturers.

OP
OP
Psychedelic Fins

Psychedelic Fins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eat Sleep Reef and Mile High Reefers among some of the others mentioned.
I haven't seen any videos from these two. I'll search them out. Thanks!
Big fan of FishOfHex myself. Like all his videos. Some others seem geared toward products that we’re givin to them from sponsors. Just what I see though, I could be wrong.
I've heard others mention FishOfHex and will need to check them out. Thanks!

JCTReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS, Reef Dudes, Tidal Gardens, Parker’s Reef, Melev’s Reef, Dutch Reefer, Mad Hatters Reef , Bahama llama corals, Sea Friendly reef “think eye candy”, Fish of Hex, Mr Saltwater Tank, Inappropriate Reefer, Reefbuilders, Mile high Reefers.

Last edited:

McCarrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As many said above, BRS is a favorite but I have to give a special shoutout to George at CoralFish12g because that chanel was the first one I watched to learn about aquariums when I was getting into the hobby. Also, kingofdiy for all of the helpful aquarium projects he builds. I've also enjoyed tidal gardens videos.

JCTReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As many said above, BRS is a favorite but I have to give a special shoutout to George at CoralFish12g because that chanel was the first one I watched to learn about aquariums when I was getting into the hobby. Also, kingofdiy for all of the helpful aquarium projects he builds. I've also enjoyed tidal gardens videos.
It amazes me how many subscribers George has. Used to watch him back in the day.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back