whole house water filter as per a Culligan Water system

Trizz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So looking into purchasing a Culligan whole house water system just moved to pa and the water is Sh***t, very hard could i use the Culligan whole filter system before my 9 stage rodi water saver system first stage in the pro is already at 4ppm tds less than 200 gallons of use
filter 1, 50-micron prefilter
filter 2, 50-micron carbon
filter 3, 50-micron carbon
than thru 2 di units water saver set up in one and the out of the fist into the in of the second than into
filter 4, spectra pure SB resin
filter 5, caution resin
filter 6, anon resin
filter 7 mixed bed resin
9 stage rodi.jpg

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve read a lot of mixed opinions on this so I don’t know if you’ll get a solid yay or nay. I run my rodi which is pretty much identical to yours after my salt based water softener system with zero issue. I run two anion canisters though as I burn through that twice as fast as cation and four times faster than mixed. I have very hard water and I’d rather burn through a little more resin than clog up membranes. It’s kinda a coin toss. Some will say you’ll burn through way more resin after a salt based softener, some say you’ll clog membranes faster before a softener if you have really hard water. My experience was that when I ran the rodi before the softener my output would slow down at around a year as the membranes had scale but the tds was still perfect. Since I’ve been running it after the softener I’m going on two years without a slowdown from clogging membranes. My resin usage has not changed in any measurable way that I have noticed either way. Also I am not familiar with the culligan system, it may not even be salt based (could be coconut shells for all I know) and have zero effect on resin consumption at all.

Edit. There’s a rodi company on here that helps answer these questions @Buckeye Hydro I hope I tagged them right maybe they’ll offer up some advice

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%

Back