Wholesalers carrying / sourcing Greenbanded Gobies (Tigrigobius multifasciatus)

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may seem an odd request but I’ve gotten the drive to try again. To anyone in the supply side of the industry, do you know of a wholesaler that sources Greenbanded Gobies (Tigrigobius multifasciatus)? I’ve only had luck with one retail option in Canada and they haven’t worked out, with the supply source being guarded. Knowing they’re available in the market from someone, I’m trying to find that someone whom can then possibly point me toward another of their downstream vendors so I can pick up some of these little guys.

Any leads would be very appreciated!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may seem an odd request but I’ve gotten the drive to try again. To anyone in the supply side of the industry, do you know of a wholesaler that sources Greenbanded Gobies (Tigrigobius multifasciatus)? I’ve only had luck with one retail option in Canada and they haven’t worked out, with the supply source being guarded. Knowing they’re available in the market from someone, I’m trying to find that someone whom can then possibly point me toward another of their downstream vendors so I can pick up some of these little guys.

Any leads would be very appreciated!
I'm a little shocked it is hard to find. Looks like this is being bred by ORA.
https://www.orafarm.com/product/greenbanded-goby/

Have you signed up for an email notification with any online vendors so you are informed when they get them in stock?

OP
OP
K

Kyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ORA discontinued breeding them almost two years ago. Already tried that route, and yes, they keep listing things they no longer carry broodstock for, for some reason.

We have very few online options in Canada, and retail places like LA do not ship across the border. I've checked with every LFS in the region, and any that I can find in province - across the country. I've found one in that time, and for whatever reason communication is atrocious so it's a dead-end.

I figure if I can find a wholesale source in the US, then possibly they have someone I haven't tried yet, or I can direct one guy locally who's been starting out his import business to them. I don't know enough who the players are, and it's something LFS keep very close to the chest.

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm assuming the place you tried is J&L?
Try contacting Red @ The coral reef shop http://www.coralreefshop.com/ I'm pretty sure he can help you out, although shipping from Ontario to BC may be costly. The are a retail store that doesn't have an online shop but they do ship hard to find things to customers ect.

OP
OP
K

Kyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, J&L is 10 minutes away, and pretty much the default for livestock here but they've had no luck. Thanks for that, I'll check him out!

OP
OP
K

Kyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I had a lead on this through Quality Marine, but they apparently don't have a collection set up for these guys anymore. Bumping to see if some more eyes can lend an industry lead :)

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 11 9.8%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 48 42.9%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 52 46.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back