Status
Not open for further replies.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think you're being sarcastic - perhaps? But - in this regard - you could very well be wrong
And by the way - I was at one point where your your relative was - so perhaps maybe not being so quick to judge. Now - however, - there are also people that want to buy fish and coral for their own tank - as 'wholesale' - if thats the issue here - all good

OP
OP
nasdds

nasdds

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And by the way - I was at one point where your your relative was - so perhaps maybe not being so quick to judge. Now - however, - there are also people that want to buy fish and coral for their own tank - as 'wholesale' - if thats the issue here - all good
He’s 19. It’s a lesson for him more than anything.

OP
OP
nasdds

nasdds

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone guide me how to close this thread please? Or delete it? Thank you.

JayM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like he should grow his own and see if he can sell successfully. If that works he should be able to reinvest his profits into making a decent wholesale order. Won't matter what his inventory is like or where it comes from if he doesn't have any customers.

DIYreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
He has a small frag tank. He knows about corals and actually does really well with his tank. He’s not a beginner. Just a beginner in the business of corals.

Just my 2 pennies but I think he would be better off buying known/named frags and growing them out. Then fragging and selling/trading for more frags to grow out and do the same.

I say this as I was just thinking about starting a thread illustrating how I started with a few jawbreakers a couple of years ago and have since flipped them into over 75 different types of corals including many high end sps. I'm not really even a fan of mushrooms myself, but I knew I could grow them quickly and that there is always a decent demand for jawbreakers. It has worked out far better than I ever imagined.

OP
OP
nasdds

nasdds

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just my 2 pennies but I think he would be better off buying known/named frags and growing them out. Then fragging and selling/trading for more frags to grow out and do the same.

I say this as I was just thinking about starting a thread illustrating how I started with a few jawbreakers a couple of years ago and have since flipped them into over 75 different types of corals including many high end sps. I'm not really even a fan of mushrooms myself, but I knew I could grow them quickly and that there is always a decent demand for jawbreakers. It has worked out far better than I ever imagined.
I totally agree. Wish my jawbreakers proliferated like that. Thank you!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PARTY-POOPER ALERT:

Wouldn't your nephew have to be properly licensed to re-sell (at least in any quantity) fish or corals? (Florida laws alone would probably make his head spin.) Just trying to be helpful. :face-without-mouth:

OP
OP
nasdds

nasdds

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PARTY-POOPER ALERT:

Wouldn't your nephew have to be properly licensed to re-sell (at least in any quantity) fish or corals? (Florida laws alone would probably make his head spin.) Just trying to be helpful. :face-without-mouth:
You are a party pooper haha. Kidding. Yea at this point he’s not gonna do it. I let him read all this feedback and suffice it to say he’s overwhelmed. Mission accomplished. I never wanted him to get into it. Thanks for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back