Who's from Jersey!

rantipole

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey,

I'm not new here but I haven't been on the site for a while. I was in South Amboy, but this summer we bought a house in Parlin. I think I have the hubby talked into a Red Sea 350 for the dining room!

Cheers,
rant

rantipole

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool. I think we PM'ed a bit when I first got my AIO nano-reef. I love the tank but I'm straining at the limitations. I want mandarins!

Cheers,
rant

starypotter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm from Wayne, I go to Sea Level for my salt since they're only ten minutes from me but for everything else I stick with Absolutely Fish. It is well worth the extra travel time, and from what I see their prices are pretty comparable if not better I've found. Not to mention the great staff they have, they're always extremely kind and helpful.

I went to Ocean Image once, and Alex was very kind and informative but it was an hour drive for me each way though I do have to say I stayed there talking with him for several hours. Maybe if I have more time on my hands one day I might go back.

coral-boss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm from Wayne, I go to Sea Level for my salt since they're only ten minutes from me but for everything else I stick with Absolutely Fish. It is well worth the extra travel time, and from what I see their prices are pretty comparable if not better I've found. Not to mention the great staff they have, they're always extremely kind and helpful.

I went to Ocean Image once, and Alex was very kind and informative but it was an hour drive for me each way though I do have to say I stayed there talking with him for several hours. Maybe if I have more time on my hands one day I might go back.

I grew up in Wayne now own a house in Pompton Lakes. That’s funny

starypotter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I grew up in Wayne now own a house in Pompton Lakes. That’s funny
giphy.gif

trio91

NJRC (New Jersey Reefers Club)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#njrc

Hey guys,

As most, if not all of you know, our hobby in general is moving more and more towards social media. Platforms such as Facebook and YouTube are becoming very popular, and have taken this hobby by storm. So in keeping up with the times, we are looking to launch a parallel, reef keeping Facebook forum.

We are looking for some Members/Beta users to join up, poke around, post theads, pix, comment etc. and give us your feedback on this. Thoughts, comments, and suggestions will all be appreciated. Right now, the forum colors are different as to avoid confusion between the sites so please disregard.

**This will not be replacing our current reefkeping forum but for us, it does have the ability to reach a wider audience on being on social media. Yes, we currently do have a FB page , but its lacking a bit as it wasn't set up properly from jump. If it does kick off, we will consider taking down our current Facebook page but for now that will remain active.

Click on the link below to join and if you have any questions, give me a shout.

wranodj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paramus is right next door. Not such a fan of Absolutely Fish, prices are full retail, but I do some stuff there. Found a good store for coral in Tenafly, Iconic Aquarium.
Bulk Reef Supply for non-livestock purchases. Found them through NJRC. Have several frag’s from growth.

SamsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello all,

My brother has setup a nice FOWLR in beautiful Basking Ridge. The tank is up and running. Very nice setup.

He is looking for a maintenance company to help With ongoing maintenance.

Any recommendations for a good company/fishguy/gal in the area.

Sam

trio91

NJRC (New Jersey Reefers Club)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

My brother has setup a nice FOWLR in beautiful Basking Ridge. The tank is up and running. Very nice setup.

He is looking for a maintenance company to help With ongoing maintenance.

Any recommendations for a good company/fishguy/gal in the area.

Sam
Hey

Ask for Brian at Reefco
319-323 US-22, Green Brook Township, NJ 08812. They specialize in Aquarium maintenance service.
https://reefcoaquariums.com

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 20.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back