Who's from Jersey!

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out Aquatic Visions Inc at 1420 W Blancke St, Linden, NJ 07036. The other possibility is Coast to Coast, but have your wallet out, because they ain't cheap!

redfishbluefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might also wish to check out Feng's Reef at 702 Bound Brook Rd, Dunellen, NJ 08812. It's my understanding that he made some of the large display tanks in the store. He might be able to direct you. Call first because there are times he's not at the store....(917) 502-9649

Kmsutows

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might also wish to check out Feng's Reef at 702 Bound Brook Rd, Dunellen, NJ 08812. It's my understanding that he made some of the large display tanks in the store. He might be able to direct you. Call first because there are times he's not at the store....(917) 502-9649
Thanks for the suggestions.. I remember going to his old store but didn't know he reopened.

redfishbluefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the suggestions.. I remember going to his old store but didn't know he reopened.

Same road....about 0.5 - 1.0 mile down the road....same side.

DaveNJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, in monmouth county.
Any pointers for best tank purchase locations now that there is no trop? :( ive had bad luck with shipping in the past from online purchases and would rather not go to petco/petsmart lol.

tank.JPG
tank1.JPG
tank.JPG

I have a non reef ready 90 gallon tank with stand that is like new for $275.
They was purchased at Tropiquarium. My son got it as a gift. Dismantled it just before he left for Monmouth University. Tank was located in his bedroom. He is allergic to shell fish. Didn't realize that all the fish food (frozen or dry) had shrimp in it. We couldn't figure out why he was having so many asthma attacks each day....then we figured it out.

Live near Newman Springs Road (Rt 520) and Hwy 34 Colts Neck area

redfishbluefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, in monmouth county.
Any pointers for best tank purchase locations now that there is no trop? :( ive had bad luck with shipping in the past from online purchases and would rather not go to petco/petsmart lol.

I've found that Hidden Reef in PA has a large selection, and similar to Trop, sells tanks at pretty much cost.

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tank.JPG
tank1.JPG
tank.JPG

I have a non reef ready 90 gallon tank with stand that is like new for $275.
They was purchased at Tropiquarium. My son got it as a gift. Dismantled it just before he left for Monmouth University. Tank was located in his bedroom. He is allergic to shell fish. Didn't realize that all the fish food (frozen or dry) had shrimp in it. We couldn't figure out why he was having so many asthma attacks each day....then we figured it out.

Live near Newman Springs Road (Rt 520) and Hwy 34 Colts Neck area

Glad you found the source :)

This is just a tad larger than i am ready to go just yet. I know my space can support it, 2x12 joists on a concrete slab benefit of doing the floor yourself lol. But would need another $1k in lights, ro/di holding tanks would be too small for the evap of and pwc with 55g included. As much as i would love the live stock choices this would open up. A tang or get rid of lps and soft corals, try a Prognathodes lol.

But really it would be a!waste an island of corals under my ai’s and 75% fowlr lol.

Think my max size is 60g cube, and even that would have some dark areas with 3 ai primes.

radiata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Live in Lodi, shore house in Toms River.
LFS - Absolutely Fish in Clifton or The Fish Hut in Saddle Brook or Lodi - both on 46

I've passed the Fish Hut many times when making the rounds from Reef Encounter to AF, but actually never noticed them. Are they worth a visit?

myyellas2k

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ehh.
I go there for convience ...

I will say - considering I’ve only had my tank for 4 weeks, the LR is the same price as AF
The fish prices are the same. People are good.

But - I bought my tank and everything for the initial setup from Fish Hut - and found out I over paid for my corner - by A LOT.
But that’s my fault- can’t blame anyone for that.

radiata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ehh.
I go there for convience ...

I will say - considering I’ve only had my tank for 4 weeks, the LR is the same price as AF
The fish prices are the same. People are good.

But - I bought my tank and everything for the initial setup from Fish Hut - and found out I over paid for my corner - by A LOT.
But that’s my fault- can’t blame anyone for that.

Thanks for the info. I guess they won't make my the top of my bucket list, but I'll stop there if I'm close.

There are three other places on 46 that you might want to check out...

There's a PETCO in Totowa (https://stores.petco.com/nj/totowa/pet-supplies-totowa-nj-2794.html), where you can find occasional bargains - they're one of the few PETCOs that carry more marine livestock than most of the others do. I stop there if I'm going from AF to the next listed LFS.

The second LFS is Sea Level Aquarium in Pine Brook (http://www.sealevelaquarium.com/). I've known the owner for a good 10 years now, and they're my "go to" LFS. They carry salt as as a loss leader - regular I/O is $35 for the 200g box, and Reef Crystals is $45 for 200g.

The third is Ocean Image Aquatics way out there on 46 in Ledgewood. No web site, but they are on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Ocean-Image-Aquatics-880876888694698/. They're worth a visit if you're out that way. The club is having their February meeting there on 2/18 (http://www.njreefers.org/). Please feel free to join us!

BangedUp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know a lot of members on here are from jersey, just wanted to see who and where from. Also list your favorite Jersey LFS.

I'll start. I'm from Mays Landing (down south) and at the moment my favorite LFS would be Reefabout in Ventnor City.

Looking forward to hearing from others!
I’m in cherry hill, no good lfs near me :(

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back