Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ADE42610-FA67-4F01-B348-DFFFA8378BA9.jpeg
LOA rainbow stag

Thats such a nice stag, you have a nice collection too! I can't wait to see them all grown together later on.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing Abro in the middle. Do you still have it?

Thanks, I don't have that particular one anymore but it is the same as most of the abrohlosensis that come in wild and maricultured. Just have to give them good light to keep the colored tips vibrant. I would love to find a piece of my old colony but I didn't frag it but once or twice because the branches were so solid and thick I needed a bandsaw to cut it. Bone cutters wouldn't cut anything but the very tips off of the acro. I would probably just grab another one thats cultured when I see one again.

ycnibrc

SOCAL REEF TOTM 11/2019 GHL TOTM 02/2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
6CD189D2-5ED7-4A94-A20F-16BA7D5E047B.png
I will post this since no one has posted anything like it yet.
This is a red stag with green polyps that I have been trying to grow for about two years. It won't branch, I have cut the tip off maybe 5 times. Did it again a few days ago... It was in bad shape when I got it.
37109fb5288f9f2c0fcb289e721a6a2e.jpg
I believe coral revolution call this piece their rainbow stag.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6CD189D2-5ED7-4A94-A20F-16BA7D5E047B.png

I believe coral revolution call this piece their rainbow stag.

Yea it looks very similar! We will see what it turns out like if it ever starts growing normally...
That TGC coral doesn't look too much like a stag, are there any colony shots on the net?

ycnibrc

SOCAL REEF TOTM 11/2019 GHL TOTM 02/2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yea it looks very similar! We will see what it turns out like if it ever starts growing normally...
That TGC coral doesn't look too much like a stag, are there any colony shots on the net?
It's not a stag I just recommend to Todd if he wants orange color sps

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
42A5D031-9141-4496-815F-900610F82B4B.jpeg

I’ve had this one a few months. It takes forever to grow! Maybe once it fully encrusts it will take off. I like it though, although it’s very spooky at night. It’s polyp extension is like something out of Alien.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, man. That's good to hear! A green slimer is a definite must. Hopefully I can track down some more nice ones. I'd like to find a nice blue one for a centerpiece with the green slimer behind it to add contrast.
There is a blue slimer, just hard to find

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been "harboring" a Aussie (I believe a Stag) and it's slowly coloring up to a pastel Blue with tinge of Green around the base with slight pinkish polyps ....

Aussie SPS2.jpeg

WOW, what a fat branch! Can you show us its colors in white light? I love the nubby coralites.

Its crazy how many different types of stags are out there and how many different shapes and coralite structures they have. I just grabbed two stags I haven't grown from MarinaP that I am excited to grow. Ones is a tyree ultimate stag which I haven't seen in any tank in person yet. Not really sure what its supposed to look like. I have a number of staghorn colonies and branches but I just broke down all my displays and moved everything into a 100 gallon rubbermaid. When stuff starts growing good again I will take some pictures.

I really miss all the bennett torts, no one has pictured any of them yet and I just never see them around anymore. Also the first acropora in an aquarium was a stag, I forget the name but I have a colony of that and its pretty cool, not really brown like everyone says.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW, what a fat branch! Can you show us its colors in white light? I love the nubby coralites.

Its crazy how many different types of stags are out there and how many different shapes and coralite structures they have. I just grabbed two stags I haven't grown from MarinaP that I am excited to grow. Ones is a tyree ultimate stag which I haven't seen in any tank in person yet. Not really sure what its supposed to look like. I have a number of staghorn colonies and branches but I just broke down all my displays and moved everything into a 100 gallon rubbermaid. When stuff starts growing good again I will take some pictures.

I really miss all the bennett torts, no one has pictured any of them yet and I just never see them around anymore. Also the first acropora in an aquarium was a stag, I forget the name but I have a colony of that and its pretty cool, not really brown like everyone says.
I can get you a Bennett tort lol

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hemmdog I have been asking for people to post pics of their blue slimers and have never seen one yet. Thats defiantly my one acro I would drive a long way to acquire a piece of. I was hoping my blue stag would be a slimer but it turned out different so the hunt is still on... I like the frag on the right of your picture, the rounded coralites are really cool.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 70 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.6%
Back