Why aren't stags more popular?

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anybody have the (hope someone will recognize this vendor name so I am not the only one feeling old), reefermadness rainbow stag that came in as wilds about 15 years ago. It was one of my favorites, but sold off mine 12 years ago with my tank and it was then lost. I would love to see a pic of one that is still growing.
Is it on tyrees site? They used to have a number of nice "rainbow" stags.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm can post through Tapatalk but not through reef2reefs app.
8aa7c2c2c8541ada4b7620b59698901a.jpg
sorry for the bad picture.
Oh my I love that blue tip slimer in the middle!! Where are you located? That tank is getting there and might top some of these other popular stag tanks soon! Well done!!! Do you have other stags in there?

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if tyree farmed it or not, the pieces I had were direct transshipped, full wild colonies.
What color were they? I was just getting into the hobby back then and didn't find the internet stuff apealing until way after that so I am not familiar, but interested still.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Russireef, beautiful stags! Love the tort and I feel like i want to just karate chop that soli in half hahaha...

What is the stag on the right of this pic? I used to have one that looked very similar and I miss it. I think it was a Indo Mari piece. Can you tell me a little about that one?
0aa2f0b85a2084143cf022faacf58e53.jpg

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will post this since no one has posted anything like it yet.
This is a red stag with green polyps that I have been trying to grow for about two years. It won't branch, I have cut the tip off maybe 5 times. Did it again a few days ago... It was in bad shape when I got it.
37109fb5288f9f2c0fcb289e721a6a2e.jpg

RussiReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Russireef, beautiful stags! Love the tort and I feel like i want to just karate chop that soli in half hahaha...

What is the stag on the right of this pic? I used to have one that looked very similar and I miss it. I think it was a Indo Mari piece. Can you tell me a little about that one?
This is Hugo rainbow stag.Old school beauty.

[/QTUOTE]

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man I have been looking for that particular stag but there is no one anywhere near dc that has it that I am aware of. I would love to see some closer pics of the new growth.

speedstar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What color were they? I was just getting into the hobby back then and didn't find the internet stuff apealing until way after that so I am not familiar, but interested still.

I'll work on finding my old tank pics, been meaning to so I can show/sell the wife on a 500g ;) pinks and blues iirc

RussiReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man I have been looking for that particular stag but there is no one anywhere near dc that has it that I am aware of. I would love to see some closer pics of the new growth.
I wold cut you a frag. But I do not ship. If you are coming to Los Angeles,let me know.Top down picks

0D2FAE33-C2FE-4FB9-9BD5-CCD59200B332.jpeg

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

• I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

• I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.7%
Back