Why can I not keep SPS alive?

Hello,

what is your TIN level in your ICP test?
Probably this is a reason and not salinity. Probably your new digital refractometr is wrong, but your old not digital refractometr is good, since with 1,060 s.g. your fish should be die.

Good luck with your reef.
 
Something I have done from day 1 in the hobby is test the salinity of the water that new fish or frags come in, very easy way to make sure my Salinity is in check.
 
Something I have done from day 1 in the hobby is test the salinity of the water that new fish or frags come in, very easy way to make sure my Salinity is in check.
I did day one but frags don't care, they always prefer my water right away, I stopped acclimating incoming frags and worrying about incoming salinity, even on fish but I acclimate them to salinity with time.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new