Why do people buy expensive ATO?

  • Thread starter Thread starter subodhs
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I don't know what any of those commercial ATOs are. I use gravity and city water pressure, so I use no pumps and so far gravity hasn't failed me. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
 
Asks if people use an expensive ATO... uses a $600+ Neptune Apex system for ATO ;)
Haha, fair point! Guilty as charged. But honestly, the Apex was already there pulling other duties—I just DIY'ed the ATO instead of dropping another $200+ on top of everything else. And let’s be real, I wish the damage was just $600! I’m genuinely curious if I’m missing something magical , so I figured I’d ask.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new