Why does my house smell fishy?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Stray32
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Stray32

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 13, 2009
Messages
1,081
Reaction score
5
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my house smells fishy, and its definitely coming from the tank. I can smell it when I walk in the door. All fish are present and accounted for. Any ideas?
 
check for dead snails that might have climbed out, they can sometimes have a funky smell to them!
 
Could be coming from the skimmer too.


+1

I was going to say that I can smell my skimmer every once in a while, and then I know the cup needs to be emptied.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new