why don’t anemones eat clowns?

ChrisfromBrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is it about clowns that keep anemones from eating them? The carpet can’t even stick to them. Do they have a slime layer that is too slippery for a carpet? Is there just a mutual tree respect as they are symbiotic?

Also, how are my mated pair of clowns going to handle it when I get this predator out of my tank tomorrow? Is there a way to calm them as a result?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is it about clowns that keep anemones from eating them? The carpet can’t even stick to them. Do they have a slime layer that is too slippery for a carpet? Is there just a mutual tree respect as they are symbiotic?

Also, how are my mated pair of clowns going to handle it when I get this predator out of my tank tomorrow? Is there a way to calm them as a result?
They can sometimes eat the clown but it’s usually a case of the anemone is refuge for the clown and the clown feeds the anemone so there’s not usually a need to eat the clowns with the anemones.

DCR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have read that the clowns develop some type of protective coating on them that keeps them from being stung. The anemones would eat them if they could.

moretor1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
irc when a clown nips an anemone it is getting a profile of what it's coated in or something and the coating it covers itself in actually tricks the anemone into thinking it's another anemone

Back