Why is my hammer coral doing this?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Just John
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Joined
Jan 31, 2021
Messages
5,933
Reaction score
21,195
Location
Clearwater, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Even though it has not been in heavy flow, the tentacles on the back/downflow side are growing longer. Why?
 
Last edited:

Even though it has not been in heavy flow, the tentacles on the back/downflow side are growing longer. I have another next to this and it has done the same thing. Why?
It seems like there is a lack of decent back and forth flow. Maybe that would help.
 
I don't think it is getting enough water movement, my hammer polyps jiggle non stop.
I agree that the flow is low-ish compared to others I have seen, but this one appears to be growing as if the flow is too strong since the tentacles in back keep getting longer. It makes me reluctant to give them more. I have no clue what is going on.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new