Why is only 2 point pH calibration available.

Brian71583

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t seem to find a thread on it.

EZO board from Atlas with and Atlas Scientific lab grade probe. All functional. When I go in to calibrate it I only have 2 points available. How do I do a 3 point calibration?

MarineandReef Jaron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t seem to find a thread on it.

EZO board from Atlas with and Atlas Scientific lab grade probe. All functional. When I go in to calibrate it I only have 2 points available. How do I do a 3 point calibration?
You are using a meter that is not very common in the Hobby. Generally 2 point calibration is considered accurate for our application. You want to calibrate as close to the estimated measurement as possible so most people use a pH 7 solution and a pH 10 solution to calibrate a probe used for measuring seawater pH. While pH 4 solution is available. It is so far from the anticipated value of seawater that adding a pH 4 solution into the calibration may actually result in less accurate results.

OP
OP
B

Brian71583

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are using a meter that is not very common in the Hobby. Generally 2 point calibration is considered accurate for our application. You want to calibrate as close to the estimated measurement as possible so most people use a pH 7 solution and a pH 10 solution to calibrate a probe used for measuring seawater pH. While pH 4 solution is available. It is so far from the anticipated value of seawater that adding a pH 4 solution into the calibration may actually result in less accurate results.
Thanks. I was just going off the reef-pi pictures and tutorials that all show 3 point calibration and mine only displays the ability for 2

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 27 27.6%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 33 33.7%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 16.3%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 19 19.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back