Why You Should ALWAYS Check Your Delivery Before The Trucker Leaves

mrbacony

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ouch. That hurts.
My Waterbox arrived physically damaged. You could see the box crushed in as they took it off the truck. Thankfully it was just the cabinet scratched a bit and not the aquarium.

TxReefer21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Literally my worst nightmare when I get my tank in. Happy you’ve gotten it handled and a new one on the way can’t wait to see it set up!!

mrbacony

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad it wasn't something major. Did you have it replaced or were you able to live with it? In my case I didn't have enough glue to patch it up! :D
No it was a small scratch and not noticeable once the tank was put up. I contacted Waterbox and asked for some filter socks in exchange for the damage. They were more than willing to do that to keep from having to send out a new cabinet.
IMG_1880.JPEG
IMG_1881.JPEG

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As my mother says (i hope the translator program does it justice... It sounds so cool in spanish) "No pasa nada malo que algo bueno no venga de él." (Nothing bad happens that something good doesn't come from it.)
I'm glad my Spanish is still good enough that I don't need the translation.

OP
OP
flyfisher2

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No it was a small scratch and not noticeable once the tank was put up. I contacted Waterbox and asked for some filter socks in exchange for the damage. They were more than willing to do that to keep from having to send out a new cabinet.
IMG_1880.JPEG
IMG_1881.JPEG
LOL... Can never have too many filter socks! Way to negotiate.;)

OP
OP
flyfisher2

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad my Spanish is still good enough that I don't need the translation.
If you hear the dialogue on the video you''l see that both my wife and I went off in Spanish when we saw the damage. I find I get more excited in Spanish. LOL

Durhamreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leaves you to wonder if the person responsible for the destruction had an "Aw man, maybe they won't notice" moment when that happened...

Glad to see everything is working out in the end. Good job with your girls!

OP
OP
flyfisher2

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leaves you to wonder if the person responsible for the destruction had an "Aw man, maybe they won't notice" moment when that happened...

Glad to see everything is working out in the end. Good job with your girls!
I hate to think that way but down the line wherever it happened there is no way you wouldn't notice this kind of damage.
D2DD7436-0AC9-47E5-AC95-1634F20EDC84.jpeg

Durhamreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate to think that way but down the line wherever it happened there is no way you wouldn't notice this kind of damage.
D2DD7436-0AC9-47E5-AC95-1634F20EDC84.jpeg
I hate to think like this as well; however, it seems society has become quick to reject or redirect responsibility.

OP
OP
flyfisher2

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate to think like this as well; however, it seems society has become quick to reject or redirect responsibility.
Sad when you think about it. Easier to turn your back and walk away I guess... I would hate to think what that person would do if they backed into your car in the mall. I'm sure you'd have a stickie with their info on your windshield? :(

SaltySkipper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your video inspired us to video the freight company unloading our new pro clear 150 in wheeled it up to the front door and allowed me to check everything prior to leaving. Everything arrive safely. I hope yours arrives safely soon. Yes it’s hard on the manufacture to have to rely on freight carriers and their employees who may not care about package is being fragile.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 29 28.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 27.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 39 37.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.9%
Back