Wife came home with a white anemone, not sure if it's alive or not it's open i acclimated him and out in my tank but to me seems like it's dead idk.

banko1981

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wife came home with a white anemone, not sure if it's alive or not it's open i acclimated him and out in my tank but to me seems like it's dead idk.

IMG_5015.jpeg

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a Sebae anemone to me.

They often arrived bleached from stress, collection issues, etc.

They often don’t make it when they bleach white. Let it acclimate for a few days, don’t overlight it, and try feeding it a little mysis a few times a week. It will need to feed since it dispelled all of the zooxanthella which would normally give it energy through photosynthesis.

Make sure it’s not getting too much flow, especially since it hasn’t attached. It might get sucked into your powerhead if you don’t have a guard on it.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

banko1981

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea well it moved to the bottom I guess they like to be near the sand not the rock. Yea I have guards on my power heads lol. Fed him a little and he took so we'll see.

Upvote 0

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea well it moved to the bottom I guess they like to be near the sand not the rock. Yea I have guards on my power heads lol. Fed him a little and he took so we'll see.
Excellent! If it’s actually consuming the food, and not just holding it and letting it go, you got a really good specimen in that condition.

They are sand dwelling, so let it have a few inches of sand on the bottom for it to bury its foot.

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 55.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.5%
Back