Wife said stop

Have you ever been accused of talking to much about your tank?

• Yes (tell us about it)

Votes: 232 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 180 43.7%

• Total voters

Pennywise the Clown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife has no interest in my reef tank. But on vacation in Orlando (I'm from the UK) I persuaded her that we should visit WWC.
To be fair, she really did enjoy it and even managed a "wow" when we got taken to the back of the shop to see the 900.
But then I started talking to one of the WWC guys, and as I don't often get the chance to talk reefs, I made the most of it.
I found her an hour later, with a coffee, soaking up the sun outside.
But if I talk reef tanks at home, she isn't really interested. Apart from when I get "you paid how much?" when I show her my latest 1/2" sps frag.

foxt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I knew my wife was never going to be into it, so I strategically got our son interested so that when, on a road trip, I bring up the potential for a reefing-related side trip, the vote is always 2-1.

gotmesalty77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So when I started dating my gf i didn't have a tank but she knew i had been pretty into in the past. She always thinks inobsess over things and then drop them. Mostly because i buy ans sell goods of all kinds and love research. Well when i had the opportunity to get my current tank i dove right back inhead first with passion and furor she thought it would pass. She was wrong. She asked several of my friends and relatives and basically they reinforced this was not a passing phase! Shes getting better dealing with it. However since i am still building the tank the way i want it she says i spend too much time doing that. She likes movies and dont like to sit still that long. Plus the tank is right in the living room so i am still there. Its relaxing to me to maintain and plan how to make it better. I mean i could be addicted to drugs right? Lol its good to be passionate about something i think. I swear she will eventually leave me for it lol

JoeJoesonoma

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For all of us...we are proud and passionate about our reef tanks and cannot help to express how we feel about them....but there are those people that dont feel the same way. When i started with my reef i was so excited about all the equipment that was about to arrive in the mail and couldnt help myself but to get opinions about it. I have nobody to talk to about my tank except my wife. It was getting to the point i was driving her crazy .
Thats why i became a member of Reef2Reef...

Small triggers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My husband puts up with my tanks, it's an easier hobby to get in and out of everytime we have moved over the last 18 years. The issue he has is I'm a serial hobbyist. It's always been little things, until I convinced him we needed this 5 acres. I make jewelry, do interior design, saltwater tanks, now honey bees also, will be getting a giant schnauzer for agility and possibly shatzhaund training, a 1 acre garden, and maybe a goat or 3 and a mini donkey... lol

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Haha! I'm blessed with a wife who isn't into reefing but enjoys that I enjoy it, so she tolerates my hobby/addiction. She even goes to trade shows with me sometimes.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get yelled at work from my boss all the time for talking to much about my reef tank. He has stated that he has learned more about chemistry and corals then he had ever wanted to know. :cool:
Luckly my chief is a reefer himself!
And my past chief is the one who got me into it nearly a decade ago. Nothing better than spending a two hour lunch at all the bay area reef shops! F***ing Building Engineers!

EmilyXLC

Charisma +10
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Erm... No.

My husband is not in the hobby in the least, but he respects me enough to listen to me ramble on about it. Just like I do for him with the things he loves that I'm not a part of.

Back