Wife said stop

Have you ever been accused of talking to much about your tank?

• Yes (tell us about it)

Votes: 232 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 180 43.7%

• Total voters

Silent

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought of some changes I wanted to make. I wanted to do things a little different with the reef tank. I was excited and wanted to talk with the wife about it and she interrupted me and said "Stop, I don't want to hear it."
Anyone else ever talk too much about their tank?
Ever find your spouse's eyes start to glaze over when you talk about the reef tank?
I guess I've got enough passion about the hobby for both of us. lol.

Eva Rose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s pretty common. Lol. If i’m super excited about something, I hop on forum to discuss it with members that have the same interests. Even on forums like R2R there are subgroups of interests. That’s what is great about different subject sub forums like “Fish Discussion”, “Soft Corals” , “Wrasse”, “Tang”, “Angel” etc. Devoted SPS fans may not be at all interested in a Soft Coral dominated tank.

I get totally get it though. I’m guilty too - I glaze over when my husband gets excited about hunting stuff. :)

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya when I yelled excitedly when my clown found her nem. I came running up stairs to tell Heather and she looked me and said ok rolled her eyes. Came straight to r2r.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Not all. . . . . . . . . .

More fish.jpg

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pineapples - got to have a safe word. I start talking about my tanks she says pineapples. Too much don't want to know. She starts about decorating or that friend who's in her 30s still dating dudes that ask for gas money - pineapples. It's from an old k hart skit but is a lot better than whatever

UCF Alum

Stick addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve shown colleges pictures of my 140 gal SPS dominate tank and 99 out of 100 times I get “cool” and that’s it. Sigh.
My wife doesn’t care much either.

I don’t talk to anyone about it much anymore unless I’m engaged in conversation on here.

Signalhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wifey looks at the ceiling like there's fish or coral pictures in the ceiling... se has no interest in the tank at all.

DMG Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya when I yelled excitedly when my clown found her nem. I came running up stairs to tell Heather and she looked me and said ok rolled her eyes. Came straight to r2r.

I saw this on your build thread and was giddy with excitement that your clownfish saw a video of a nem hosting a clown, then went into his own anemone. When I told my husband, he looked at me like I was crazy.

My clowns moved a rock 6 inches, took them several days. After it was butting up against their anemone, they laid eggs on it.

I think a lot of us could write a book about the interactions we see among our sea critters. Never a dull moment!

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.8%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 33 16.8%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 49.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back