Wife said stop

Have you ever been accused of talking to much about your tank?

• Yes (tell us about it)

Votes: 232 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 180 43.7%

• Total voters

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife goes to the tank every day and start looking for new fish and corals and said "there's no more space for corals here" and I said "that's the reason I need a bigger tank ".. She said...Uhmmmm !!!

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My advice is simple: Happy Wife, Happy Life! Reef life can overwhelm your spouse.

I'd like to amend that phrase to "happy spouse, happy house".

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Pineapples - got to have a safe word. I start talking about my tanks she says pineapples. Too much don't want to know. She starts about decorating or that friend who's in her 30s still dating dudes that ask for gas money - pineapples. It's from an old k hart skit but is a lot better than whatever
Cucumbers here.... It resulted from when we were first married - and having a very small argument - resulting in one of us throwing a cucumber up in the air - which happened to hit the ceiling and explode all over the kitchen. resulting in both of us slipping and falling and laughing hysterically - it was like a movie lol:)

PapaDragon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s funny because I have to constantly remind myself that this is my hobby. I can’t count how many times I’ve said, "Hey do you think that coral isn’t looking healthy in that location? Do you think it’s too much light or the flow isn’t right? " The usual response is an eye roll. I usually get upset because this is way more important to me than worrying about how the neighbors' lawn guy blocked our driveway for a half-hour once a week.

krbshappy71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm into a lot of critters, hubby knows I'll research the topic to death and that it may be into the wee hours of the night that I'm yammering and reading about it. When he saw how HUGE this forum is and how excited I was to find it I am pretty sure he is freaking out over the future financial implications AND the hours, weeks, years he will have to listen about it. God Love Him! He's so patient. I'm happy your wife didn't tell you to STOP altogether! :)

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cucumbers here.... It resulted from when we were first married - and having a very small argument - resulting in one of us throwing a cucumber up in the air - which happened to hit the ceiling and explode all over the kitchen. resulting in both of us slipping and falling and laughing hysterically - it was like a movie lol:)
This is funny!

I remember reading that someone was going to start a dating thread for this exact reason... reefers 4 reefers.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anniversary gifts would be like:

I got you this master scoly, but it's going in my tank.... Well I got you this super colored jaw breaker, but it's going in my tank!!!

Steve Elb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought of some changes I wanted to make. I wanted to do things a little different with the reef tank. I was excited and wanted to talk with the wife about it and she interrupted me and said "Stop, I don't want to hear it."
Anyone else ever talk too much about their tank?
Ever find your spouse's eyes start to glaze over when you talk about the reef tank?
I guess I've got enough passion about the hobby for both of us. lol.
All the time! Glad to know I have company!

Tyler Bullock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, my wife hates when I talk about my tanks. Then when she doesn't like the corals I have put in. I laugh in her face and say maybe if you had any interest in my hobby, I would ask your opinion about corals. That usually doesn't end very well. Then I get more time to work/admire my tank!

lol

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 67 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.7%
Back