Wifi Module Update

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have just installed the latest (non Beta) GCC software. Theoretically this should imply that my P4 firmware is the latest (it shows 7.08) and the Wifi module should also be the latest. However, when I enter the Dashboard of the Wifi Module it shows "n/a" under the "WIFi module firmware version".

The P4 wifi connection is working but I just can't tell what wifi module firmware I am running. Why is this happening?

Help is much appreciated. Trying to setup my new doser 2.1. SA that I want to run with the GHL Connect app.

Cheers

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have just installed the latest (non Beta) GCC software. Theoretically this should imply that my P4 firmware is the latest (it shows 7.08) and the Wifi module should also be the latest. However, when I enter the Dashboard of the Wifi Module it shows "n/a" under the "WIFi module firmware version".

The P4 wifi connection is working but I just can't tell what wifi module firmware I am running. Why is this happening?

Help is much appreciated. Trying to setup my new doser 2.1. SA that I want to run with the GHL Connect app.

Cheers
What browser are you using? I found that MS Edge doesn't always show the version and mine shows as N/A more often than not. When I use Chrome I haven't noticed it not correctly showing the version.

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I have tried to do the update anyway and halfway through windows asked to confirm my username and password (stating this request came from GHL) and after a while ended with an error message stating the update could not be completed... :(

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What browser are you using? I found that MS Edge doesn't always show the version and mine shows as N/A more often than not. When I use Chrome I haven't noticed it not correctly showing the version.
Thanks. Initially was using Edge and than tried Ie. I will try Chrome to see what happens...

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of questions not addressed in the manual nor the youtube video: should GCC be on while updating? also, should the P4 be wirelessly connected to the PC while updating. Finally, why should I need any of this to use the SA doser?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of questions not addressed in the manual nor the youtube video: should GCC be on while updating? also, should the P4 be wirelessly connected to the PC while updating. Finally, why should I need any of this to use the SA doser?
I don't have GCC open while updating but I doubt it matters. One of the fist things the WiFi update does, after loading, is to disconnect. I believe the WiFi update must be done wirelessly.

Can't help with the doser question.

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And a Happy New Year ;Happy

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well,... I can't get Chrome to recognize my P4 IP address... it simply does not find it. :( And now my P4 does not connect to my PC either :mad:

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you update windows?

I just went through this, the new windows software blocked something.

You may need to re load the wifi module.
Did you Try a new IP address?

I updated wifi module while connected.

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From Vinny a couple weeks ago:

If you're on Windows 10, the recent windows update caused the WINDOWS DEFENDER tool to throw a false positive when the WiFi update tool is downloaded from our website. Windows Defender scans the download and thinks it's a virus and discards the WiFi update tool. It's annoying, it happened to me too a few days ago. There's a fix for that.

1. Type into the windows search bar WINDOWS DEFENDER and select Windows Defender Security Center.
2. Click the menu icon and select VIRUS & THREAT PROTECTION.
3. Click VIRUS & THREAT PROTECTION SETTINGS
4. Disable REAL-TIME PROTECTION and click YES to confirm
5. Windows Defender will now be disabled.

Download the WiFi update tool:
https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/do...or-profilux-4-mitras-lx7-incl-firmware-v6512/

You should now be able to see the actual tool in the download. Make sure to EXTRACT the files in the folder to your desktop.

1. Open the tool, connect the USB cable to your P4 and PC, follow the on-screen steps.

Going forward, it would be best to download the newest version of GCC (1103) and uninstall the others to avoid any confusion.

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello -
I'm confused. You have a ProfiLux 4, and a Doser 2.1 SA.

What device are you connected to, which device are you trying to update, and what is the end goal, why you're updating.

If you can let me know of current status of each device, what you're connected to and how(LAN/WiFi/USB) - I'd be happy to help.

-M

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you update windows?

I just went through this, the new windows software blocked something.

You may need to re load the wifi module.
Did you Try a new IP address?

I updated wifi module while connected.
Thanks. Not sure about Windows. This is my wife's work Laptop (I use a Mac and do not want to use bootcamp or any of the workarounds) but it surely has a number of firewalls and anti virus on it so possibly something like that happened. I may just buy a cheap laptop just for this but it is a bit annoying.

I did not try a new IP address.

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello -
I'm confused. You have a ProfiLux 4, and a Doser 2.1 SA.

What device are you connected to, which device are you trying to update, and what is the end goal, why you're updating.

If you can let me know of current status of each device, what you're connected to and how(LAN/WiFi/USB) - I'd be happy to help.

-M

That makes two of us :confused: :D

So, this is more or less the sequence of events:

1 - I bought a 2.1 SA loser and would like to plug it in. However, given the GHL Control App is no longer working I figure I need the GHL Connect App to operate the doser. Is this right?

2 - So I upgraded the P4 firmware to 7,08 by installing the latest GCC (non beta). Than I tried to upgrade the wifi module but I keep running into all the issues that I highlighted above: the wifi module dashboard read "na" under the "Current Version", though I could still use GCC via Wifi (and in GCC on. the comms tab I could read the wifi module firmware version). Than I tried to upgrade using Edge browser and was blocked half way through. I than tried to do it via Chrome and it does not work as I get an error message when I try to upgrade de firmware. And now I lost connection to GCC via WIFI, and cannot update anything. And still looking at a shiny doser 2.1 that I can not setup.

Hope it is clearer now...?

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Not sure about Windows. This is my wife's work Laptop (I use a Mac and do not want to use bootcamp or any of the workarounds) but it surely has a number of firewalls and anti virus on it so possibly something like that happened. I may just buy a cheap laptop just for this but it is a bit annoying.

I did not try a new IP address.
I couldn't get any ghl to work on my work laptop either. I did get a cheepie just for this. Actually traded an led for it.
What we do for our aquariums.

I did end up restoring an earlier windows version, re loaded everything and used new IP.
Vinny did this, but it worked.

Good luck.

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That makes two of us :confused: :D

So, this is more or less the sequence of events:

1 - I bought a 2.1 SA loser and would like to plug it in. However, given the GHL Control App is no longer working I figure I need the GHL Connect App to operate the doser. Is this right?

2 - So I upgraded the P4 firmware to 7,08 by installing the latest GCC (non beta). Than I tried to upgrade the wifi module but I keep running into all the issues that I highlighted above: the wifi module dashboard read "na" under the "Current Version", though I could still use GCC via Wifi (and in GCC on. the comms tab I could read the wifi module firmware version). Than I tried to upgrade using Edge browser and was blocked half way through. I than tried to do it via Chrome and it does not work as I get an error message when I try to upgrade de firmware. And now I lost connection to GCC via WIFI, and cannot update anything. And still looking at a shiny doser 2.1 that I can not setup.

Hope it is clearer now...?

Ok - that helps, some.
You have 2 different issues at hand. Let’s take one at a time.

ProfiLux 4 -
If the WiFi is not work at this time, certainly could be due to the failed firmware update.
Connect your computer via USB to the ProfiLux 4, and do NOT open GCC.
The next few steps are from memory, as I’m not near a computer.
Browse to your Program Files x86 -> GHL Control Center v1.1.0.x -> WiFi -> update tool
Use the update tool, and push the WiFi firmware back to the module. This should help restore WiFi on a failed firmware upload.

Doser 2.1 -
You purchased a Standalone - great.
Are you planning on running it in standalone mode, or slave mode (slave to the ProfiLux)?

If in slave mode, please connect to the Doser via USB, and set it to slave.
Then run PAB cable between PL4 and Doser. Go to PL4, System, assign devices.

Send me a PM if you get hung up

-marco

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back