Wifi Module Update

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok - that helps, some.
You have 2 different issues at hand. Let’s take one at a time.

ProfiLux 4 -
If the WiFi is not work at this time, certainly could be due to the failed firmware update.
Connect your computer via USB to the ProfiLux 4, and do NOT open GCC.
The next few steps are from memory, as I’m not near a computer.
Browse to your Program Files x86 -> GHL Control Center v1.1.0.x -> WiFi -> update tool
Use the update tool, and push the WiFi firmware back to the module. This should help restore WiFi on a failed firmware upload.

Doser 2.1 -
You purchased a Standalone - great.
Are you planning on running it in standalone mode, or slave mode (slave to the ProfiLux)?

If in slave mode, please connect to the Doser via USB, and set it to slave.
Then run PAB cable between PL4 and Doser. Go to PL4, System, assign devices.

Send me a PM if you get hung up

-marco

I am going to try the suggested work around and will keep you posted. I would like to run the doser stand alone, BUT control it with the iPad as with the previous app. I understand that now it is only possible to use the iPad with the new app, which in turn requires P4 update. However, this kind of defeats the purpose of buying the SA unit...???

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok - that helps, some.
You have 2 different issues at hand. Let’s take one at a time.

ProfiLux 4 -
If the WiFi is not work at this time, certainly could be due to the failed firmware update.
Connect your computer via USB to the ProfiLux 4, and do NOT open GCC.
The next few steps are from memory, as I’m not near a computer.
Browse to your Program Files x86 -> GHL Control Center v1.1.0.x -> WiFi -> update tool
Use the update tool, and push the WiFi firmware back to the module. This should help restore WiFi on a failed firmware upload.

Doser 2.1 -
You purchased a Standalone - great.
Are you planning on running it in standalone mode, or slave mode (slave to the ProfiLux)?

If in slave mode, please connect to the Doser via USB, and set it to slave.
Then run PAB cable between PL4 and Doser. Go to PL4, System, assign devices.

Send me a PM if you get hung up

-marco
PM sent.

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Need to buy a windows laptop for that. Thanks for your help and support!

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Replied. Make sure to disable your AV software.

Hi Marco. Just ordered a windows laptop to work with the P4 given the AV software in my wife’s work PC messed up the configuration. Question is: what steps do I need to take to install GCC in the new laptop and not loose sensor data nor configuration settings?

Thanks!

Happy New Year [emoji4]

coweyes298

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Marco. Just ordered a windows laptop to work with the P4 given the AV software in my wife’s work PC messed up the configuration. Question is: what steps do I need to take to install GCC in the new laptop and not loose sensor data nor configuration settings?

Thanks!

Happy New Year [emoji4]

In your currently laptop running GCC, find the option on the upper bar as sensor and P4 data save to file. Once you change to a new PC/laptop you can load those setting's back.

But I don't think it will change anything only by switching the computer. Maybe I am wrong...

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In your currently laptop running GCC, find the option on the upper bar as sensor and P4 data save to file. Once you change to a new PC/laptop you can load those setting's back.

But I don't think it will change anything only by switching the computer. Maybe I am wrong...

Thanks. I have used that to backup data before performing any update. Problem is it will be stored in the old computer, not the new one. I am sure I can export/move to the new one but just want to make sure. My P4 lost WiFi access due to failed WiFi module update and do not want to end up freezing and loosing P4 access due to some misstep.

Just want to be sure [emoji4]

coweyes298

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I have used that to backup data before performing any update. Problem is it will be stored in the old computer, not the new one. I am sure I can export/move to the new one but just want to make sure. My P4 lost WiFi access due to failed WiFi module update and do not want to end up freezing and loosing P4 access due to some misstep.

Just want to be sure
emoji4.png

You can transfer those backup data to an USB stick and later load them back to the new laptop with the new GCC. But this functions are mainly for restore the P4 from an firmware update or failure step.

I am sure the settings are still in the P4 even if you don't back them up and change to a new computer. Once GCC is connected to a P4 or other GHL device it will show the current settings/parameter no matter what PC/laptop you run with. I have several laptop and a desktop I managed to connected to my Mitras and I don't need to import/export the Mitras setting everytime I switch my computer. I haven't tried this on my P4 yet since right now I am only using one laptop to do all the GCC related work.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can transfer those backup data to an USB stick and later load them back to the new laptop with the new GCC. But this functions are mainly for restore the P4 from an firmware update or failure step.

I am sure the settings are still in the P4 even if you don't back them up and change to a new computer. Once GCC is connected to a P4 or other GHL device it will show the current settings/parameter no matter what PC/laptop you run with. I have several laptop and a desktop I managed to connected to my Mitras and I don't need to import/export the Mitras setting everytime I switch my computer. I haven't tried this on my P4 yet since right now I am only using one laptop to do all the GCC related work.
I can confirm this. I use both a laptop and Surface Pro to update my P4 and I never bother with transferring files between the two. It pulls from the P4 unless you specifically tell it to do otherwise.

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GCC is a front end configuration utility, it doesn't actually contain any configuration data of your devices, EXCEPT the connection details TO your device (how to connect, via USB, Network, what device the connection is)

Everytime you connect to your device via GCC, it will load the latest configuration from the device (Doser, ProfiLux, Mitras etc)

So no worries, boot up, install GCC, then connect via USB or Network, and all will be there. :)

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GCC is a front end configuration utility, it doesn't actually contain any configuration data of your devices, EXCEPT the connection details TO your device (how to connect, via USB, Network, what device the connection is)

Everytime you connect to your device via GCC, it will load the latest configuration from the device (Doser, ProfiLux, Mitras etc)

So no worries, boot up, install GCC, then connect via USB or Network, and all will be there. :)

Thanks!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 37 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back