Wifi Power Strip Used With Dosing Pumps

Coronus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello,
I want to use my dosing pumps as wifi so I can adjust dosages and turn my pumps off remotely if needed. Anyone running a set up like this using a wifi power strip?

OP
OP
Coronus

Coronus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
BRS dosers. I do not use an Apex and don’t want to. I just want my dosing to be Wi-Fi. So when I heard about these Wi-Fi power strips I just wondered if there was anyone out there that’s been consistently using them with Dosing Pumps. I have heard of a few people using them. I just wanted to hear some other experiences if there were any.

GillMeister

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS dosers. I do not use an Apex and don’t want to. I just want my dosing to be Wi-Fi. So when I heard about these Wi-Fi power strips I just wondered if there was anyone out there that’s been consistently using them with Dosing Pumps. I have heard of a few people using them. I just wanted to hear some other experiences if there were any.
Hopefully someone can answer this for you. It sounds feasible. I know you don't want to use Apex but, I do use one and I'm a tech idiot. Kind of. Trust me when I say Terrence at Neptune Systems probably hates me for all the hassle I've caused but programming a DOS with Fusion was a breeze. I hope you have the same results with the WiFi strip.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are looking for something solid and reliable, then get a calcium reactor. WiFi strip to dose seems like another point of failure that you are trying to avoid with an Apex. I also wonder if they are finely controllable like you would need with on-off by the second. You cannot have a doser stick on - more tank crashes from this than nearly any other method.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.8%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 89 48.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 56 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%

Back