Wild collected red mangrove propagules

Okay, got the videos to work well... that's 2 months growth?! Holy cow, but that's what you get when you keep them outside in the sun. It's been a little chilly here at night until last week, but I'm planning on putting the babies I have outside for the summer!
 
Such a waste when they just go in a sump!
Some people do not have the room or like the look of it but I think It you can make a little lagoon or island section in your display for one....
Stephen Colbert Chefs Kiss GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert
 
I have a Deep Blue 30 gallon frag I turned into a clam/bubbletip tank. I found a big piece of rock that splits the tank in half and I have a deep sand bed in the back with mangroves growing in the back half.
 
Nice! Look at all of those leaves! :)

They are addicting right!? :cool:
I grew them outside in freshwater for a year and trimmed the one in the back to make it bushy. It is a 16 gallon Waterbox tank so I want them to stay compact so they can stay in that tank for a while
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new