Wildlife near you :)

This is a taninger in Montana during the salmon fly hatch. The salmon fly hatch starts towards the lower end of the river then they make their way up the river and flocks of taningers follow them and eat them.
20200607034544_IMG_9619.jpg

That is a colorful bird. For a minute I thought maybe you are joking and put a Easter Peep in the tree. Not going to lie - I had to look up that bird. Didn't know they have that much color.

1610207038525.png
 
IMG_20201026_123504_405.jpg black bears are pretty common in my corner of Michigan. This little cub was out back next to my pond over the summer. Ive almost ran into a 200pounder hanging on the other side of my car where I couldn't see him. Luckily they are terrified of people almost as much as we can be of them.
 
That is a colorful bird. For a minute I thought maybe you are joking and put a Easter Peep in the tree. Not going to lie - I had to look up that bird. Didn't know they have that much color.

1610207038525.png
Haha! I know, I have never seen any bird this colorful that didin't live in a jungle. Here is another photo. 20200607034349_IMG_9617.jpg
 
So I’m watching my bird feeders this morning with lots of activity. Went to get another cup of coffee and when I came back all birds were gone! Then I saw the reason why... I hope that was a nuisances starling and not a song bird.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new