Wildlife near you :)

SandJ

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had a 125 acre farm in KY. Lots of wildlife...dozens of deer and turkey, bald eagle, Sand Hill Cranes would mingrate in and land in the fields (easily a thousand at a time), and this was on the front door mat-while the door was propped open...Yep, it is a copperhead
IMG_3197.JPG

Now we live in VA. Still see the same animals in the back yard....lots of deer, a bald eagle, skunks, snakes, spiders, toads. But we did have one guest on the deck that I was not too fond of... it was dark and I took the picture through a window screen...but the black blob circled in red between the deck chair and wishing well is a black bear.
IMG_1917.JPG
Here is a foot print in our front yard From a bigger bear
IMG_1597.JPG

SandJ

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had coyotes in KY. I seen one drag a fawn out of a field. I guess the mom had left it there in the tall grass and the coyote found it :0/

SantaMonicaHelp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a picture of skunks in my backyard on my phone.... I should upload it soon. (A family of skunks have decided to occupy my backyard.) I own a rabbit, and my rabbit is black and white and actually gets along with the skunks. I think my rabbit just hind of blended in haha.

- C. Smith

Eckolancer

LED GURU
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
c3038b641a84863da76ae191fae12286.jpg

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
trantula.jpg

Tarantulas will soon close their burrows for winter, right now they are very active looking for a mate.

smokin'reefer

Sea Urchin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ea3ed19fda0daee1c548ec373c0eb0c0.jpg

Did you say a snake? My daughter and her friend went out on the back deck to smoke and when they turned around to go back in this little guy was sitting on the windowsill right next to the door to come in. I couldn't tell you what kind it was but as far as we were concerned it was half black mamba and half king cobra..

smokin'reefer

Sea Urchin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah,we actually determined the snakes help keep the mice population down. This one had to go though. We knocked it down and I put 10 rounds with my 40 cal at it. When we picked it up , it only had one hole. I knew it was because I am such a good shot all rounds went in same spot. When we tell this story back home my daughter always brings up the holes in the garden hose, but when I go into warrior mode to defend my family the reflexes are to quik and I'm sure the hose flinched at one point or another.

SantaMonicaHelp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This mantis loves this sunflower, the mantis has been hanging out on the flower for days eating bees and flies.

mantisbest.jpg
That is an amazing picture! It's so amazing that I can see it being one of the given desktops to choose from on a Windows or Mac computer.

- C. Smith

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back