Wildlife near you :)

We had a 125 acre farm in KY. Lots of wildlife...dozens of deer and turkey, bald eagle, Sand Hill Cranes would mingrate in and land in the fields (easily a thousand at a time), and this was on the front door mat-while the door was propped open...Yep, it is a copperhead
IMG_3197.JPG

Now we live in VA. Still see the same animals in the back yard....lots of deer, a bald eagle, skunks, snakes, spiders, toads. But we did have one guest on the deck that I was not too fond of... it was dark and I took the picture through a window screen...but the black blob circled in red between the deck chair and wishing well is a black bear.
IMG_1917.JPG
Here is a foot print in our front yard From a bigger bear
IMG_1597.JPG
 
We had coyotes in KY. I seen one drag a fawn out of a field. I guess the mom had left it there in the tall grass and the coyote found it :0/
 
I have a picture of skunks in my backyard on my phone.... I should upload it soon. (A family of skunks have decided to occupy my backyard.) I own a rabbit, and my rabbit is black and white and actually gets along with the skunks. I think my rabbit just hind of blended in haha.

- C. Smith
 
c3038b641a84863da76ae191fae12286.jpg
 
trantula.jpg


Tarantulas will soon close their burrows for winter, right now they are very active looking for a mate.
 
ea3ed19fda0daee1c548ec373c0eb0c0.jpg

Did you say a snake? My daughter and her friend went out on the back deck to smoke and when they turned around to go back in this little guy was sitting on the windowsill right next to the door to come in. I couldn't tell you what kind it was but as far as we were concerned it was half black mamba and half king cobra..
 
Yeah,we actually determined the snakes help keep the mice population down. This one had to go though. We knocked it down and I put 10 rounds with my 40 cal at it. When we picked it up , it only had one hole. I knew it was because I am such a good shot all rounds went in same spot. When we tell this story back home my daughter always brings up the holes in the garden hose, but when I go into warrior mode to defend my family the reflexes are to quik and I'm sure the hose flinched at one point or another.
 
This mantis loves this sunflower, the mantis has been hanging out on the flower for days eating bees and flies.


mantisbest.jpg
That is an amazing picture! It's so amazing that I can see it being one of the given desktops to choose from on a Windows or Mac computer.

- C. Smith
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new