Will A Nipped Mantle Recover?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rovert
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Rovert

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 14, 2022
Messages
369
Reaction score
282
Location
Lords Valley, PA
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Just wondering if a Maxima (or other) will grow to recover from a nip or two, or will it stay that way for the rest of its life. I'm asking, because I lost a Skunk shrimp to someone in my tank and wonder if a clam will fall victim. Not sure if the guilty party is one of my two wrasses (6 line, Melanarus) or someone else in there. Curious to hear opinions.

Thanks!
 
Just wondering if a Maxima (or other) will grow to recover from a nip or two, or will it stay that way for the rest of its life. I'm asking, because I lost a Skunk shrimp to someone in my tank and wonder if a clam will fall victim. Not sure if the guilty party is one of my two wrasses (6 line, Melanarus) or someone else in there. Curious to hear opinions.

Thanks!
what fish are in the tank? fish usually dont target clams. and a melanurus or 6line prolly wouldnt kill a clam
 
The mantle will heal. I had a blenny that took semicircular chunks off my Maxima years ago. It healed in a few weeks once I removed the offending fish.
 
The mantle will heal. I had a blenny that took semicircular chunks off my Maxima years ago. It healed in a few weeks once I removed the offending fish.
Hmmmm... maybe I've been blaming the wrong fish. I have a Midas Blenny in the tank. Could that explain the Skunk Cleaner being eaten?
 
Hmmmm... maybe I've been blaming the wrong fish. I have a Midas Blenny in the tank. Could that explain the Skunk Cleaner being eaten?
It the wrasse, likely the Sixline wrasse, but Melanurus can also likely take out the shrimp too. The Sixline will not be able to eat the whole shrimp.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new