Will a picasso triggerfish be safe in my tank??

toi_ss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always wanted to keep a picasso triggerfish but I also like having small fish that are in one piece. I've read the sort of go stir crazy in small tanks and go on a killing spree but would they be alright in a 380 gallon (475 total volume) I know there are other more reef safe triggers like the blue throat or pinktail but I think they are not very interesting and whats the point of keeping a boring fish. Also what is the smallest size fish I could keep with this fish? I know they are normally hit or miss but are they more likely to be peaceful in a large tank?

mues

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That tank is more than big enough if that is your question.

You will not have any inverts left though. And small fish are absolutely on the menu even with a tank that size. Triggers tend to eat 24/7. Triggers typically do better with other aggressive/bold species - tangs, puffers, etc

OP
OP
toi_ss

toi_ss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That tank is more than big enough if that is your question.

You will not have any inverts left though. And small fish are absolutely on the menu even with a tank that size. Triggers tend to eat 24/7. Triggers typically do better with other aggressive/bold species - tangs, puffers, etc
yes my original stocking list was this below but I've decided I want to have a few coral bommies and some smaller fish like 4" or so. Would this be too small to keep with the picasso trigger? My updated stocking list will probably have some coris wrasses, tobies and no snappers, dogface puffer, butterflies or angels.

5x Monodactylus Argenteus - 10”
3x Bluestripe Snapper - 10”
1x Dogface Puffer - 13”
1x Racoon Butterfly - 8”
1x Picasso Triggerfish - 10”
1x Hippo Tang - 12”
1x Lieutenant Tang - 10”
1x White Freckled Surgeonfish - 15”
1x Blue Angelfish - 15

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back