Will a Refugium Fit?

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy,

I have a reefer 425 and I am using the stock sump modified to fit the reefmat 500, I removed the wall between the original sock and the fuge. I am now wondering if the chaeto will somehow clog / ruin the reefmat 500? I can shorten the corrugated hose that feeds the reefmat 500 to get the mat closer to the wall to save some room.

Any thoughts / ideas are greatly appreciated.

PXL_20240318_230506624.jpg

Bpones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see lots of space for chaeto in here but I’m unsure about answering if it’ll cause a clog. Could you indicate on this pic where you’re thinking of the macro being with a circle or something like that? You’re thinking of the chamber all the way to the right?

OP
OP
Hallowhead

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see lots of space for chaeto in here but I’m unsure about answering if it’ll cause a clog. Could you indicate on this pic where you’re thinking of the macro being with a circle or something like that? You’re thinking of the chamber all the way to the right?
I am thinking of putting the rock to the right and making the chaeto grow where the rocks currently are

Bpones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your concern is macro getting into a pump I’d just make an egg crate divider. That being said, my return pump is in the same chamber as my chaeto and I’ve never had a problem. The chaeto stays pretty bunched up on its own.

OP
OP
Hallowhead

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your concern is macro getting into a pump I’d just make an egg crate divider. That being said, my return pump is in the same chamber as my chaeto and I’ve never had a problem. The chaeto stays pretty bunched up on its own.
That's a solid idea, separates the two well. Thank you

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back