Will a Refugium Fit?

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 27, 2019
Messages
3,269
Reaction score
1,556
Location
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy,

I have a reefer 425 and I am using the stock sump modified to fit the reefmat 500, I removed the wall between the original sock and the fuge. I am now wondering if the chaeto will somehow clog / ruin the reefmat 500? I can shorten the corrugated hose that feeds the reefmat 500 to get the mat closer to the wall to save some room.

Any thoughts / ideas are greatly appreciated.

PXL_20240318_230506624.jpg
 
I see lots of space for chaeto in here but I’m unsure about answering if it’ll cause a clog. Could you indicate on this pic where you’re thinking of the macro being with a circle or something like that? You’re thinking of the chamber all the way to the right?
 
I see lots of space for chaeto in here but I’m unsure about answering if it’ll cause a clog. Could you indicate on this pic where you’re thinking of the macro being with a circle or something like that? You’re thinking of the chamber all the way to the right?
I am thinking of putting the rock to the right and making the chaeto grow where the rocks currently are
 
If your concern is macro getting into a pump I’d just make an egg crate divider. That being said, my return pump is in the same chamber as my chaeto and I’ve never had a problem. The chaeto stays pretty bunched up on its own.
 
If your concern is macro getting into a pump I’d just make an egg crate divider. That being said, my return pump is in the same chamber as my chaeto and I’ve never had a problem. The chaeto stays pretty bunched up on its own.
That's a solid idea, separates the two well. Thank you
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new