Will a seachem copper test work with coppersafe

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the API kit. Not satisfied. Got salifert. Still not sure if the reading is correct. My lfs has a seachem can it read chelated copper?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, at least it comes with a reference solution so you can test the test kit (grin).

Here is a little story: 15 or so years ago, our director of safety mandated that we have MSDS for all products in our lab. I called Seachem to ask for them and was told, "since the amount of chemical used in our test kits is so small, we don't need to supply them". I just looked today to see if I could find out what type of reagent they use in their copper test - and lo and behold, they have MSDS for all of their products online! Hurray! Now I can tell what copper test method they are using, right? Nope - the MSDS I looked at all had "*Identify/weight withheld as a trade secret." Even their copper standard solution said that! (grin).

Jay

OP
OP
Rickybobby

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW, I use Hanna's copper checker, and it seems reliable and accurate. I think it was worth the money for my QT systems.
I agree 100 percent. But at the moment I can’t get one. And have called around to everyone within 60 miles. My fish are in copper and I want to make sure I did it right

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back