Will a snowflake eel eat my fish???

They are very intelligent, the only time he’s aggressive is when my tang attacks him when I feed him cause my sailfin tang also eats out of my hand and gets jealous of the eel. The first few months I thought he was going to bite me every time but he was actually just inspecting my fingers then one day after I finished feeding him he went into my hand and I pet him and he seemed to like it and now whenever I finish feeding him sometimes he will stay out for the scratch on the head sometimes for a few minutes before he goes back to his hole.
They are very intelligent, the only time he’s aggressive is when my tang attacks him when I feed him cause my sailfin tang also eats out of my hand and gets jealous of the eel. The first few months I thought he was going to bite me every time but he was actually just inspecting my fingers then one day after I finished feeding him he went into my hand and I pet him and he seemed to like it and now whenever I finish feeding him sometimes he will stay out for the scratch on the head sometimes for a few minutes before he goes back to his hole.
I just posted an old video on YouTube.
 
Mine would rip it out of my hand so fast and go into its hole if i tried that lol
Lol towards the end of the video is when he lets me pet him. They’re pretty smart you can always give it a try and see, IMHO they’re the best eels to do it with cause their teeth aren’t that bad compared to other eels.
 
They are pebble toothed eels inverts are the eels food source. Small fish would be a concern. It's an eel so it's always a possibility
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new