Will a snowflake eel eat my fish???

Reefkeeper12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are very intelligent, the only time he’s aggressive is when my tang attacks him when I feed him cause my sailfin tang also eats out of my hand and gets jealous of the eel. The first few months I thought he was going to bite me every time but he was actually just inspecting my fingers then one day after I finished feeding him he went into my hand and I pet him and he seemed to like it and now whenever I finish feeding him sometimes he will stay out for the scratch on the head sometimes for a few minutes before he goes back to his hole.
They are very intelligent, the only time he’s aggressive is when my tang attacks him when I feed him cause my sailfin tang also eats out of my hand and gets jealous of the eel. The first few months I thought he was going to bite me every time but he was actually just inspecting my fingers then one day after I finished feeding him he went into my hand and I pet him and he seemed to like it and now whenever I finish feeding him sometimes he will stay out for the scratch on the head sometimes for a few minutes before he goes back to his hole.
I just posted an old video on YouTube.

Reefkeeper12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine would rip it out of my hand so fast and go into its hole if i tried that lol
Lol towards the end of the video is when he lets me pet him. They’re pretty smart you can always give it a try and see, IMHO they’re the best eels to do it with cause their teeth aren’t that bad compared to other eels.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are pebble toothed eels inverts are the eels food source. Small fish would be a concern. It's an eel so it's always a possibility

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back