Will always have reef water traces in my blood...

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, my name is Juan, I live in Miami Florida and have been a reef enthusiast for about 12 years now.

I guess like most of us, I've paid my dues (then some more) and learned pretty much everything I know today the hard way; owned aquariums ranging from 28 Gallons all the way up to 780 gallons; I'd say 6 tanks during the extent of this journey. My last tank was the biggest one and "hands down" one of the things I have enjoyed the most (Not only as a hobby but also as a learning experience).

For financial reasons I was not able to keep up with the big tank, and even though it still here at home, is now just saltwater and rock (And a one car garage filled with equipment that a few years ago only inhabited in our dreams Lol). Just last year made a run with a 28 Gallon Nano but it was honestly just too small, so I tried with a 60 Gallon that was never put together (Let's please don't even go there).

In any case, like the tittle reads, it seems I've got (Will always have) reef water traces in my blood... so I decided to give it another try and for the past few weeks, I have been reading a lot in several reef forums, doing some research trying to catch up with today's technology and should be posting a new build thread soon.

Glad to have joined this community, looking forward to many good times.

Juan

Here is a couple pics of my last set up:

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to r2r. Once this hobby takes hold of you it will never let go :D

mike007

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to r2r nice tank!!!

OP
OP
juanrmattos

juanrmattos

- Frag Plug Hater -
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you guys, it is amazing how things start to come back to you after getting back into action... "Super confident" and actually excited to give it a good-nice-honest shot one more time.

Found these other photos of the tank room on my bucket (This equipment has not been used since 2012), but is now all clean and functional just in case :p

Sump:

Skimmer and Reactors:

Top Off Station:

Propagation tank:

Quarantine tank:

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome.:wave:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 146 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back