Will anemone help or hurt with clownfish aggression?

CincyReefer07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My occelaris clownfish I’ve had for almost 7 years has seemingly been getting more and more aggressive towards my pajama cardinalfish which I have also had for almost 7 years. They both started out in a 29 gallon tank, moved to my 75 gallon tank 4 years ago. But my clown has started harassing my cardinal more and more it seems. Rockwork hasn’t really ever changed, just seems my clown is becoming more aggressive towards him. Not biting him, but chasing him. Will adding an anemone to my tank help or hurt? I was thinking maybe adding a nem might distract my clown from my pajama which he used to leave alone altogether as they usually swim in complete separate areas of the tank. But now my clown is wanting to claim the “entire” tank as his territory it seems.
I only have the cardinal, clown and a royal gramma in the tank. The gramma pretty much claims the lower right section as his, and for the most part my clown claimed the lower left as his but is now starting to chase my cardinal all over the tank for whatever reason.

015AF71F-1027-4C4A-9526-7DD4E98143FC.jpeg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back